heatmaps using netsurgery

Sai Rajeshwar

Nov 26, 2015, 1:42:21 AM11/26/15
to Caffe Users
Hi all,

Im trying to generate classification maps(heatmaps) for classifying MNIST digits. When I pass as input a single mnist digit image to netsurgery code ( https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/blob/master/examples/net_surgery.ipynb ), im able to obtain perfect classification map(attached below) with overall accuracy of 99.6%. The problem occurs when I pass a strip of 10mnist digits(Eg image strip shown below) i expect a decent map highlighting corresponding digits in their respective regions, but its not happening though.(The images and maps attached might help getting a better picture). Can someone suggest what could be done, should i do some kind of a sliding window? if so how?. Thanks in advance.
image_of_2.png
image_of_7.png
classification_map_for_2.png
classification_map_for_7.png
strip1.png
strip2.png
classification_map_for_strip_2.png
classification_map_for_strip1.png

Sai Rajeshwar

Nov 27, 2015, 5:47:40 AM11/27/15
to Caffe Users
tried with 2digit strips  but the accuracy is still low. How can I use a kind of sliding window in netsurgery? any thoughts..
1.png
2.png
1.png
2.png