java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/objenesis/ObjenesisStd

davidpodhola

Nov 22, 2009, 11:50:16 AM11/22/09
to caelum-vraptor-dev
Hi,

Using an empty project with both VRaptor3 and Google App Engine I seem
to be unsuccessful in redirecting from one controller to another.

Whether I use code like

validator.onErrorUse(Results.logic()).redirectTo
(UserController.class).signedup();

or

result.use(Results.logic()).redirectTo(UserController.class).signedup
();

it ends in

br.com.caelum.vraptor.InterceptionException:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/objenesis/ObjenesisStd
at
br.com.caelum.vraptor.interceptor.ExecuteMethodInterceptor.intercept
(ExecuteMethodInterceptor.java:76)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.execute
(ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.java:45)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.DefaultInterceptorStack.next
(DefaultInterceptorStack.java:59)
at
br.com.caelum.vraptor.interceptor.ParametersInstantiatorInterceptor.intercept
(ParametersInstantiatorInterceptor.java:83)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.execute
(ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.java:45)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.DefaultInterceptorStack.next
(DefaultInterceptorStack.java:59)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.interceptor.InstantiateInterceptor.intercept
(InstantiateInterceptor.java:42)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.InstantiatedInterceptorHandler.execute
(InstantiatedInterceptorHandler.java:40)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.DefaultInterceptorStack.next
(DefaultInterceptorStack.java:59)
at
br.com.caelum.vraptor.interceptor.multipart.MultipartInterceptor.intercept
(MultipartInterceptor.java:74)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.execute
(ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.java:45)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.DefaultInterceptorStack.next
(DefaultInterceptorStack.java:59)
at
br.com.caelum.vraptor.interceptor.InterceptorListPriorToExecutionExtractor.intercept
(InterceptorListPriorToExecutionExtractor.java:46)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.execute
(ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.java:45)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.DefaultInterceptorStack.next
(DefaultInterceptorStack.java:59)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.interceptor.FlashInterceptor.intercept
(FlashInterceptor.java:51)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.execute
(ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.java:45)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.DefaultInterceptorStack.next
(DefaultInterceptorStack.java:59)
at
br.com.caelum.vraptor.interceptor.ResourceLookupInterceptor.intercept
(ResourceLookupInterceptor.java:67)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.execute
(ToInstantiateInterceptorHandler.java:45)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.DefaultInterceptorStack.next
(DefaultInterceptorStack.java:59)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.core.DefaultRequestExecution.execute
(DefaultRequestExecution.java:60)
at br.com.caelum.vraptor.VRaptor$1.insideRequest(VRaptor.java:91)

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other way how to redirect in
Google App Engine?

If I add Objenesis to my libraries, it continues with an other error
as this library is not working in Google App Engine.

Please advice.

Best,

David

Lucas Cavalcanti

Nov 22, 2009, 12:09:32 PM11/22/09
to caelum-vr...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

what empty project did you download?
this? http://vraptor3.googlecode.com/files/vraptor-blank-project-gae-3.0.2.zip

Objenesis doesn't work on App Engine, so on GAE blank-project we use another implementation that doesn't rely on it.

It might have some limitations, but I think it will work if you use the GAE blank project as base project.

Regards,
Lucas

davidpodhola

Nov 22, 2009, 1:34:21 PM11/22/09
to caelum-vraptor-dev
Hi Lucas,

First of all I am enjoying VRaptor 3.0.2 very much and I see it as a
very huge improvement over version 2.

I have been using the older version (3.0.1) example as a base. I have
downloaded the project you are mentioning below, changed it to
vraptor-3.0.2.jar, but still no luck. If I do simple text search
inside vraptor-3.0.2.jar, there still seems to be Objenesis
referenced. The same looking into the source codes (e.g.
http://github.com/caelum/vraptor/blob/master/vraptor-core/src/main/java/br/com/caelum/vraptor/proxy/ObjenesisProxifier.java).

I would have no problems fixing something, but I still think I am
using it either not the correct way or the no-GAE-version.

Thanks for your help,

David

On Nov 22, 6:09 pm, Lucas Cavalcanti <lucasmrtu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> what empty project did you download?
> this?http://vraptor3.googlecode.com/files/vraptor-blank-project-gae-3.0.2.zip
>
> Objenesis doesn't work on App Engine, so on GAE blank-project we use another
> implementation that doesn't rely on it.
>
> It might have some limitations, but I think it will work if you use the GAE
> blank project as base project.
>
> Regards,
> Lucas
>
> > caelum-vraptor-...@googlegroups.com<caelum-vraptor-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Lucas Cavalcanti

Nov 22, 2009, 3:14:41 PM11/22/09
to caelum-vr...@googlegroups.com
The GAE customization is not on vraptor-3.0.x.jar... It is on some classes that comes with GAE-blank-project... Classes like AppEngineXYZ.java, on source folder...
you should copy them to you project base package.... (below the package you have configured on web.xml)

thanks for the feedback... =)

davidpodhola

Nov 22, 2009, 3:28:36 PM11/22/09
to caelum-vraptor-dev
Great, it works now, thank you very much!