Solar set up CR38

S/V Oceanghost

Jun 8, 2016, 4:28:20 AM6/8/16
to caborico
Ladies and Gents, Im finally ready to add solar to my boat. Ive been waitng to do this for a while so im pretty excited. What set up are your using and what kind of panels, controller and inverter?

Leslie Owen

Jun 8, 2016, 6:39:44 PM6/8/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Tango has two Kyocera 140 w panels mounted on the davits. They can be angled to best get the sun. We have the Blue Sky controller.  All done last year.  We also carry a Honda 2000i generator but we rarely pull it out to use it.
We have been happy with our new solar set up.

Best,

Leslie

s/v Tango, CR 34
Sent from my iPad

On Jun 8, 2016, at 2:28 AM, S/V Oceanghost <oceang...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ladies and Gents, Im finally ready to add solar to my boat. Ive been waitng to do this for a while so im pretty excited. What set up are your using and what kind of panels, controller and inverter?

Daniel Sanders

Jun 8, 2016, 7:08:15 PM6/8/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Leslie do  you have a picture of your setup?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "caborico" group.

Bill Jones

Jun 8, 2016, 9:37:36 PM6/8/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Leslie, I am also planning on installing two of the Kyocera panels on dinghy davits ( which I need to purchase) and would love to see some photos of your installation.  Most interested in seeing how you mounted them so that they are adjustable.
Thanks,

Bill

Bill Jones
Lic# 01213909
Elite Realty Services
2787 Moorpark Ave.
San Jose CA 95128

S/V Oceanghost

Jun 8, 2016, 10:38:46 PM6/8/16
to caborico, roadki...@yahoo.com
Bill, i found that emarineinc.com had the best prices for the Kyocera panels.They have a 145 watt panel thats the same dimensions as the 140 watt. I just purchased one last night. Let you know how it goes.

Leslie Owen

Jun 8, 2016, 11:08:06 PM6/8/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. I am currently in Utah but will get back to the east coast Monday. Pictures are on my computer and I can post.  Had hoped they were on my iPad. No luck. Having just retired, I am working with new phone and computer and my photos are kind of scattered.

The rails around panels sit on a stout ss rail that runs between the davits. Lines on forward and aft edges of the panels let you tilt the pair of panels. Tango has cleats on the stern pulpit so we can tie off the lines and the dinghy block lines.

Being an older boat, (1989) we were happy to be able to replace her original equipment with units so much more efficient.

Later,

Leslie😃
Sent from my iPad

Mickey Panayiotakis

Jun 9, 2016, 12:59:57 AM6/9/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Leslie,

1989 is "older"? Please don't tell Caroline! I hope she doesn't think I'm trying to replace original equipment with more efficient units!!

:D

mickey

jpcorri...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2016, 2:40:31 AM6/9/16
to caborico
Ditto Leslie

Leslie Owen

Jun 9, 2016, 9:54:34 AM6/9/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Mickey, you crack me up.   Our solar panels were so old they were pealing. The new ones are like night and day.....😄

Sent from my iPad