Cock Pit Cushions.

S/V Oceanghost

Jun 28, 2016, 9:17:21 AM6/28/16
to caborico
Im replacing my cockpit cushions. What are you guys using? Pictures please if you have any..

Thanks Dan.

Jarrett & Shelly Blair s/v Morningstar

Jun 29, 2016, 10:24:31 AM6/29/16
to caborico

We have C Cushions.  Have a look at their website www.ccushions.com

Love them but a bit slippery when wet

Shelly

Daniel Sanders

Jun 29, 2016, 10:31:19 AM6/29/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Do you have pictures?  I'm interested.

Jarrett & Shelly Blair s/v Morningstar

Jul 5, 2016, 12:05:11 PM7/5/16
to caborico
Not a great picture but you can see they fit very well.

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 8:17:21 AM UTC-5, S/V Oceanghost wrote:
AA0C8266-EB16-402F-BC2A-215A6604E8AF.JPG

Daniel Sanders

Jul 5, 2016, 12:08:02 PM7/5/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

I looked at the website, appears they provide 3 cushions correct. Im getting ready to make an order.

cab...@aol.com

Jul 5, 2016, 5:51:34 PM7/5/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com, oceang...@gmail.com

Has anyone used the coarse foam that water goes right through?

Breck Caine CR 38 #19

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "caborico" group.

curtis hoffman

Jul 5, 2016, 6:27:06 PM7/5/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I have them in the cockpit of my 42 for 11 years . Very good stuff. Only negative is they are fairly firm to sit on 11 years old still in very good shape.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

Mickey Panayiotakis

Jul 5, 2016, 9:33:37 PM7/5/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Paul, would you recommend 2 or 4 inches for the "drain" foam?

curtis hoffman

Jul 5, 2016, 9:50:32 PM7/5/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I'm 60 miles from my boat and don't remember . Sorry . Buy a couple square feet and sit on it?

Sent from my iPhone

Mickey Panayiotakis

Jul 5, 2016, 10:19:55 PM7/5/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Good call! I could make small seats for a few week test! Thanks. Will let you know how it turns out

cab...@aol.com

Jul 5, 2016, 10:21:17 PM7/5/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com, svb...@gmail.com

Who do you get it from?

Breck Caine CR 38 #19

curtis hoffman

Jul 5, 2016, 10:35:42 PM7/5/16
to Cabo Sailnet, Paul Hoffman, svb...@gmail.com
  Also look at the material they are covered with. Mine is a very loose weave of indestructible plastic. Shoot the cushions with a hose and basically the water goes right through.

Mickey Panayiotakis

Jul 6, 2016, 12:10:30 AM7/6/16
to Cabo Sailnet, curtis hoffman
Breck, I'm thinking about "drain dry" foam from Rochford supply (http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Foam/HR_Foam_Sheets/index.html ), and phifertex plus (sail rite?) for cover. It will be a while before I get to it, so if you try it let me know how it goes.

Paul, do those look like the correct stuff?