Rhode River-Sept 30?

Clay

Sep 21, 2016, 1:25:36 PM9/21/16
to caborico
We are going to try to be in the vicinity of the Rhode River at the end of Sept. on our venture south..

Clayton & Leslie Owen
s/v Tango

Mickey Panayiotakis

Sep 21, 2016, 2:01:29 PM9/21/16
to caborico

I should be here! Hope to see you then

S/V Corsair

Sep 22, 2016, 2:59:19 PM9/22/16
to caborico
Let me know if you stop anywhere near Herrington Harbour on your way South.  Would love to meet you!

SV SeaClearly Cabo Rico

Sep 23, 2016, 7:10:29 AM9/23/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
We are moving our CR to St. John Yacht Harbor in the Charleston, SC area.  We would love to see more beautiful CRs!

Ron Acierno

Sep 23, 2016, 7:54:22 AM9/23/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hey I am next to Ashley marina in Charlseton. Any reason you chose St. John's?  It's a pretty marina but having problems with access since their bridge collapsed. (You have to park at a remote lot and walk about .25 mile to the closest slips.  I decided on splitting time at Ashley (400 per month) and on a mooring rather than  to go up to St. John's two miles up river , behind a bridge, and to a more expensive slip. For St. John's, sailboats are park and forget as its so far to the harbor and any sailing.

Ron Acierno, PhD
Professor and Associate Dean for Research
Medical University of South Carolina
College of Nursing, Room 500
99 Jonathan Lucas St.    MSC 160
Charleston SC 29425-1600

P: (843) 792-2949
F: (843) 792-1741
acierno@musc.edu
http://www.musc.edu/nursing

MUSC Nurses Change Lives!

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to caborico+u...@googlegroups.com.

SV SeaClearly

Sep 23, 2016, 9:35:02 AM9/23/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

I'm not sure which marina you are using but we are not able to comfortably clear the Scarborough bridge in our CR42.  If your marina is before the bridge, please enlighten me!

We look forward to meeting you.

June and Duane

Ron Acierno

Sep 23, 2016, 11:35:47 AM9/23/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
ah, well city marina is before the bridge, right next to ashley... and ashley and ripley marina's are twenty yards after the bridge. the bridge has 56 or so feet at normal high tide and 62 at normal low. how much higher is the 42 than the 38? i need about 51'

SV SeaClearly

Sep 23, 2016, 11:48:09 AM9/23/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

We need 58'.  Too bad!

Ron Acierno

Sep 23, 2016, 12:02:02 PM9/23/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
i'd think you'd have it 8/10 times. the other 2 would be a good you tube video.  if i were you, i would call city, which has NO bridges to the harbor. i would also check the charleston marina (formerly patriots point marina) and the cooper river marina. all of which are on the harbor. St. Johns is a pain. i live next door and would love to have my boat there, but it really confines you to leaving on either side of low tide to follow the current out and in (no sailboat can fight the current in the wappo cut) and deal with a bridge and deal with an hour each way added to your trip. minimum. add the parking access problem and its really only good because it has a pool. feel free to call me if you want more local knowledge. 843-364-1667

SV SeaClearly

Sep 23, 2016, 12:21:20 PM9/23/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much, Ron!  We will definitely reach out once we are settled.

We plan to stay in Charleston through December to visit with our daughter and son in law.  We are traveling south after spending the summer in Maine and will be headed back to the Bahamas after the holidays so just sitting in the marina for a while is ok with us.  😉

We did check out City ($$$$) and Patriots Point (Killer Cross Current, not live aboard friendly and $$$).  We really wanted Cooper but no slip available.  Do you have any connections there?

Ron Acierno

Sep 23, 2016, 12:28:59 PM9/23/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
actually st. johns was the same as city. maybe city raised rates. did you ask for the waitlist at cooper...they've always called within a few weeks.  but best to have a spot for sure.

SV SeaClearly

Sep 23, 2016, 12:50:47 PM9/23/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
We are on the wait list but thanks for reminding me I will give them a call.  We plan to do a two night offshore passage from Cape Lookout arriving Tues or Wed
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to caborico+u...@googlegroups.com.

SV SeaClearly

Sep 23, 2016, 1:00:23 PM9/23/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Ron, just called Cooper River; they cannot guarantee more than one month at a time - I now remember that is why we didn't choose them
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to caborico+u...@googlegroups.com.

Ron Acierno