0183 to Nema 2000 converter cable?

S/V Oceanghost

Jan 3, 2016, 9:38:35 AM1/3/16
to caborico
Looking for the cheapest place to purchase a converter cable 0183 to NEMA 2000. This is to overlay my GX2200 Standard Horizon AIS information onto my Garmin chart plotter. As of now GPSstore.com is the cheapest I've found at 200 dollars shipped. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Norris Y. Palmer

Jan 3, 2016, 6:11:47 PM1/3/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

How much is the standalone piece of equipment from garmin to broadcast AIS?

Pete Smith

Jan 17, 2016, 10:32:42 AM1/17/16
to caborico
Agree with this. Rather add the $200 to the price of a new AIS transponder. If you get the Vesper XB8000, all the NMEA data on the network is available via WiFi.
Of course the biggest plus is that not only will you be able to see, but more importantly - I think - you will be seen by the big guys - the ones that wont even hiccup when they run over you...

S/V Oceanghost

Jan 18, 2016, 4:16:02 AM1/18/16
to caborico
Its expensive. I have the VHF already that has the AIS feature, i just wanted to overlay it onto my chart plotter. I just ordered the adapter i needed..