Love Point, Kent Island, Md.

Clay

Mar 5, 2015, 9:33:42 AM3/5/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Over looking the Chesapeake Bay towards Rock Hall..where the Chester River meets the Bay.

IMG_0905.JPG

Ron Acierno

Mar 5, 2015, 9:46:10 AM3/5/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
man what is that , foam on the water. yeah, its been hard here in charleston. wore a sweater down to the boat and had to find a place to stow it as it was a little too warm......

hey, i'm originally from new york, i can say these types of things

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 9:33 AM, Clay <clay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Over looking the Chesapeake Bay towards Rock Hall..where the Chester River meets the Bay.

Sent from my iPad

Coolrocks

Mar 5, 2015, 9:58:01 AM3/5/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
looks like the cold got everywhere. disn;t think iy froze down there.

Jamie

Leslie.Owen

Mar 5, 2015, 9:58:49 AM3/5/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I think what you should see..'cause the pix are compressed as compared to the original and there is some loss in quality..it's called ice shelving where the wind, current and tidal changes cause ice layering to build up and over ride..like continental drifting. It's very impressive looking at it live..

Sent from my iPad

MW Swart

Mar 5, 2015, 11:55:48 AM3/5/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Wow,  Rock Hall looks frozen with more bad stuff coming today. Our new/old CR38 's on the hard there, planned on a trip this weekend to begin a huge project list . So now that's changed - keeping our fingers crossed for next weekend . Jabin's Yacht Yard, Annapolis, recent newsletter saying severe weather will affect their spring schedule - that may prove true area wide.

Ron Acierno

Mar 5, 2015, 1:06:17 PM3/5/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
you guys should keep your boats here in charleston year round...we don't winterize, there are plenty of open slips and its a short enough drive to go sailing over a long weekend.

SeaClearly

Mar 6, 2015, 11:36:05 AM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Ron,

Which marina do you recommend in Charleston?  We may be looking for a live aboard slip there soon.

Thanks,

June and Duane Ruby
SV SeaClearly
CR42 14

Clay

Mar 6, 2015, 12:26:15 PM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
We are seriously looking at Brunswick Landing Marina, Georgia in the near future..

Clay
s/v Tango

Mar 6, 2015, 1:20:38 PM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Ron,
We were just on Foley Island visiting friends 3 weeks ago. Which marina are you in.
Larry
Venteux

Sent from my iPhone

MW Swart

Mar 6, 2015, 1:43:16 PM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

give us a year and we'll be on our way!

Dave Newberg

Mar 6, 2015, 2:16:49 PM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Clay,

If I recall, Brunswick is just one click safely outside the high-probability hurricane zone in the eyes of many yacht insurers - no?

Dave

Leslie.Owen

Mar 6, 2015, 2:38:30 PM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
You are correct..one of the reasons we are seriously considering the area... Not only that we really enjoy Jekyll Island as well

Sent from my iPad

Dave Newberg

Mar 6, 2015, 3:18:01 PM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Just a few miles away, behind St Simons Islands and Jekyll is a beautiful, very complex, and unspoiled area of salt marsh hammocks and creeks with more birds, gators, and other wild critters that you’ll ever imagine. Plan to spend many days of exploration - great by kayak or dinghy, bring your GPS or be lost.

curtis hoffman

Mar 6, 2015, 3:34:59 PM3/6/15
to Cabo Sailnet, Paul Hoffman
  I spent the winter at a marina at Patriots point a few years ago in Charleston. I found the weather to be unstable. 70’s one day and below freezing the next. Windy like crazy often 30 knots. Beautiful area but again unstable weather.

 Solder Paul
Paul

Mickey Panayiotakis

Mar 6, 2015, 3:49:34 PM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I've cruised a little around southern Georgia. It is beautiful! A few years ago Georgia did not allow liveaboard, but it seems ths changed in 2012

That's great news! Maybe I'll winter there next season :)

mickey

Mickey Panayiotakis

Mar 6, 2015, 3:53:03 PM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and in case that wasn't enough to lure you to Georgia, the liveaboard application is in Comic Sans

Clay

Mar 6, 2015, 4:50:16 PM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
All the years , way before 2012, we'd go down to the Golden Isles Geogia,in particular Jekyll Island, St. Simons, Darien, St. Mary's I don't recall any restrictions on so called live a boards. The marinas seem to be full...

Sent from my iPad

Mickey Panayiotakis

Mar 6, 2015, 5:12:32 PM3/6/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I think you could not spend more than 30 continuous days, or 90 days overall, aboard. I don't remember specifics, just remember looking into it. Whether people did it or not is another matter.

Leslie Owen

Mar 7, 2015, 5:17:16 PM3/7/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
We love Jekyll Island.  It is a great place for us during the Christmas slow down for work for me. We take our bikes and enjoy riding around the island, walking on the beach with all the dead trees and eating shrimp at the raw bar at latitude 31.

We think it would be a great place to hang during the winter months. Have some concern about shallow water but think at high tide we should be ok.

Think spring. 👍

Sent from my iPad

Williambreaux

Mar 8, 2015, 8:42:33 AM3/8/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I second the vote for Jekyll Island... An amazing place we came through on our way south this winter... The water is of no concern at all just transit some areas at high tide. Our new boat draws 6'3" and we never had an issue with careful planning.
All the horror stories about Georgia's waterway are false.. It's a beautiful place and in my opinion not to be missed if you have time... Oh yea and if you run aground then it's soft mud not like the Keys where there are rocks and reefs everywhere.  Trade offs I guess.

Bill
HC 33
Dragonquest

Sent from my iPad