New in Cabo Town

jpcorri...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2016, 3:02:22 PM2/10/16
to caborico
I just took the plunge and got a 87 CR38.  I remember when they first came out and i saw them at the Miami Boat Show, it was love at first sight and now I'm a very happy owner.  I'm in Punta Gorda, Fl. my plans are to get her ready for extended cruising.  There is a lot of info in this forum and I'm looking forward to learning from all.

Thierry Danz

Feb 10, 2016, 3:13:06 PM2/10/16
to Cabo Rico
Welcome to the club. Do you know the hull number of your boat? And what's her name?

Thierry Danz
CR42#12 CURLEW
Baltimre. MD

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 3:02 PM, <jpcorri...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just took the plunge and got a 87 CR38.  I remember when they first came out and i saw them at the Miami Boat Show, it was love at first sight and now I'm a very happy owner.  I'm in Punta Gorda, Fl. my plans are to get her ready for extended cruising.  There is a lot of info in this forum and I'm looking forward to learning from all.

Dave McGinnis

Feb 10, 2016, 3:15:00 PM2/10/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the club! You won't be sorry you picked a Cabo.

Dave McGinnis
Scout
1988 CR 38 XL #130

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016, <jpcorri...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just took the plunge and got a 87 CR38.  I remember when they first came out and i saw them at the Miami Boat Show, it was love at first sight and now I'm a very happy owner.  I'm in Punta Gorda, Fl. my plans are to get her ready for extended cruising.  There is a lot of info in this forum and I'm looking forward to learning from all.

Regards,

Dave McGinnis
Manager and Senior Captain
Traverse Tall Ship Company, LLC

Looking for a terrific vacation rental? Check out "Schooner House"!

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!

While in Traverse City, check out Traverse City Tours for wine tasting tours and much more! Top notch service at reasonable prices.  Go to:  http://www.traversecitytours.com/

LB Home

Feb 10, 2016, 3:15:01 PM2/10/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Congrats,
Made a good choice.
Larry
Venteux

Sent from my iPhone

Tom Fuhs

Feb 10, 2016, 3:39:21 PM2/10/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!  One of the best cruisers ever built in my opinion.  We all may be a bit biased here, but rightfully so. They're great boats.

-Tom
Eclipse
CR38 #115

Leslie Owen

Feb 10, 2016, 4:15:03 PM2/10/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on your new vessel.  The product comes with excellent quality and wonderful cruising comfort.  Welcome to this band of boat lovers and pirates.

Leslie

s/v Tango, CR 34
Chester River, MD

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 3:02 PM, <jpcorri...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just took the plunge and got a 87 CR38.  I remember when they first came out and i saw them at the Miami Boat Show, it was love at first sight and now I'm a very happy owner.  I'm in Punta Gorda, Fl. my plans are to get her ready for extended cruising.  There is a lot of info in this forum and I'm looking forward to learning from all.

SeaClearly

Feb 10, 2016, 8:38:54 PM2/10/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Welcome!

We have learned so much from the CR owners in this group.  Don't hesitate to ask questions!

Duane and June Ruby
s/v SeaClearly
CR42 #14

On Feb 10, 2016, at 15:02, jpcorri...@gmail.com wrote:

I just took the plunge and got a 87 CR38.  I remember when they first came out and i saw them at the Miami Boat Show, it was love at first sight and now I'm a very happy owner.  I'm in Punta Gorda, Fl. my plans are to get her ready for extended cruising.  There is a lot of info in this forum and I'm looking forward to learning from all.

jpcorri...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2016, 8:52:51 AM2/11/16
to caborico
The Hull # is 114 I believe and her name was Moon Beams but I'm in the process of changing it to Miss Posey.  My Great Grand Father named his boats after my Mom and they called her Pasey.  She passed away at the 96 the week I bought her.  I was going to rename her anyway but that just cemented it.

SV SeaClearly Cabo Rico

Feb 11, 2016, 8:58:12 AM2/11/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful story!  That will certainly please the sea gods!

Fabrizio Ladi Bucciolini

Feb 11, 2016, 9:15:33 AM2/11/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Agreed, they will be happy!

Fabrizio Ladi Bucciolini

Dave McGinnis

Feb 11, 2016, 9:17:47 AM2/11/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Fabriano, did you ever find a 34?

Fabrizio Ladi Bucciolini

Feb 11, 2016, 9:20:30 AM2/11/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Hello Dave, I am trying to buy a tashiba 36 in these days, had her surveyed yesterday, but I think the owner will be in denial of the result of the survey.... how are you?

Fabrizio Ladi Bucciolini

Dave McGinnis

Feb 11, 2016, 10:38:01 AM2/11/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Tashiba seems like a good choice as well, although I was really hoping to see a Cabo in the race. Hopefully you can make a deal happen. We're hunkered down in the snow, waiting for sailing season.

Good luck!

James Ajac

Feb 21, 2016, 7:06:12 PM2/21/16
to caborico
Hello JP,
 I am in Central Florida and will soon be in the Market myself for a CR 34 or 38, Would love to come take a look at your new prize one day!!

Clay

Feb 22, 2016, 5:00:49 AM2/22/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hello James,

Glad you joined the group. Here's a review by Dave,a fellow member a probably chime in here eventually...

Good luck and welcome to the group.

Clay AA3JY
S/V Tango
Rock Hall,Md.

Sent from my iPad

James Ajac

Feb 22, 2016, 9:22:24 AM2/22/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
     Hello Clay,
yes I stumbled across that link the other day he did an awesome review on Cigano!!!
Thanks happy to be apart of the group!!

PEACE

S/V Oceanghost

Feb 22, 2016, 2:06:39 PM2/22/16
to caborico
Congrats!!! I purchased my Cabo from Punta Gorda as well. You will be very satisfied with your purchase in sure.

Daniel Sanders
Panama City Beach
Oceanghost
Hull # 143

Dave Newberg

Feb 26, 2016, 9:59:00 PM2/26/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hello James,

We’ve been down south for a spell in warm and sunny FL Keys. Tough to imagine Cigano all buttoned up in the cold north.
I’m glad you found my web site helpful - a big chunk of the info gathered there came from this group, a truly helpful bunch of sailors.
I hope you find the right boat for you. As you know every boat’s a big compromise, but I’d seriously doubt anyone here has any regrets about owning their CRs.

Cheers
Dave - Cigano

jpcorri...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2016, 8:59:24 PM2/28/16
to caborico
How long ago did you get it?

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 2:06:39 PM UTC-5, S/V Oceanghost wrote:
Congrats!!! I purchased my Cabo from Punta Gorda as well. You will be very satisfied with your purchase in sure. How la

Daniel Sanders

Feb 28, 2016, 11:51:55 PM2/28/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Last Year.

jpcorri...@gmail.com

Feb 29, 2016, 7:44:50 AM2/29/16
to caborico
I know there was one for sale over there but it must not be the same one.  It was still listed a couple months ago.

Daniel Sanders

Feb 29, 2016, 7:56:37 AM2/29/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Her old name was Valkyrie. After i purchased her several sites still had it listed for sale. Im in the process of doing a complete refit right now. Im doing a complete video and hope to have it on my youtube page soon. Check out S/V Oceanghost on youtube....make sure to subscribe
--
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

~Mark Twain.

jpcorri...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2016, 3:31:13 PM3/2/16
to caborico
Cool I'll check it out

S/V Oceanghost

Mar 17, 2016, 1:29:40 PM3/17/16
to caborico
Thats great congrats!!!!!

jpcorri...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2016, 7:29:54 PM3/23/16
to caborico
Your more than welcome to stop by. Shoot me a message when you plan on being here.

Rich DiMinno

Mar 24, 2016, 11:10:35 PM3/24/16
to caborico
Welcome aboard .