Whisker pole Size

Garrett

Jan 26, 2018, 9:08:24 AM1/26/18
to caborico
Would be interested in the whisker pole size (make/model) on any 38s. Thanks

Caramba

Feb 8, 2018, 7:57:50 PM2/8/18
to caborico
I just installed a 19ft carbon fiber pole made by Forte. Mounted at the mast front on a track. Seems a good fit and was the size recommended by our sailmaker.

Alex Tarlecky

Feb 9, 2018, 10:39:39 AM2/9/18
to caborico
I am jealous. Switching to a carbon fiber pole is very high on my list. We also have a pole mounted in front of the mast but if we had a CF pole we would have probably left it on the deck, since they are much lighter than the aluminum poles.

I'm not actually sure what length ours is but it does expand out probably further than we require. There are some specific guidelines on what length pole you should consider. A line control type up to about 25 feet is just about right for the 38's.

- alex