Stove cubby hole

Stephen Brady

Jun 6, 2016, 7:44:00 AM6/6/16
to caborico
Who stores what in the cubby hole under the stove. I'm re-assembling the stove and Ice box bulkheads and re-building the shelf under the stove and I'm curious as to what folks store there. I do have my Refrigeration lines running through there, which were originally mounted up high in the space and may consider moving them.

Leslie Owen

Jun 6, 2016, 9:54:36 AM6/6/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
We stow our broom/dustpan and fly swatters down there.   Having worked in the medical field, cleaner items are stowed high.  Dirty go low. I am sure one could put larger items there but I find it fine for stuff I don't wash each time I use it. 😄

Leslie

s/v Tango, CR 34

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 6, 2016, at 4:44 AM, Stephen Brady <stpa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Who stores what in the cubby hole under the stove. I'm re-assembling the stove and Ice box bulkheads and re-building the shelf under the stove and I'm curious as to what folks store there. I do have my Refrigeration lines running through there, which were originally mounted up high in the space and may consider moving them.

Richard Joiner

Jun 6, 2016, 9:59:03 AM6/6/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Pots and pans are stowed there on “Buiochas”.

Rich

CR38 #161

LDCB...@aol.com

Jun 6, 2016, 10:03:42 AM6/6/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
We put larger cutting boards and less used items there.
So seldom used I tend to forget about that space.

Larry
Venteux

In a message dated 6/6/2016 9:54:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, kb3...@gmail.com writes:
We stow our broom/dustpan and fly swatters down there.   Having worked in the medical field, cleaner items are stowed high.  Dirty go low. I am sure one could put larger items there but I find it fine for stuff I don't wash each time I use it. 😄

Leslie

s/v Tango, CR 34

Sent from my iPhone

Thierry Danz

Jun 6, 2016, 10:11:15 AM6/6/16
to Cabo Rico

On my 42 the space is so small that a dustpan doesn't even fit. It has a dedicated space for the corian sink covers that I never use. I can't remember what else is in there. Open it may be once a year just to refresh my memory.

Thierry

Stephen Brady

Jun 6, 2016, 10:55:58 AM6/6/16
to caborico
Thanks for all the Replies. The opening is just about dust pan size.

S/V Oceanghost

Jun 7, 2016, 8:41:05 AM6/7/16
to caborico
Pots and Pans..

Alex Tarlecky

Jun 7, 2016, 8:57:29 AM6/7/16
to caborico
uhhhh - what cubby? Anyone have a picture?

MW Swart

Jun 14, 2016, 4:52:10 PM6/14/16
to caborico
Under the stove, wood fiddle atop metal shelf , center section lifts up! We too keep dust pan above, along with aluminum foil and trash bags. Underneath, a perfect spot for canned food or bottles of water. We have it lined with dry-deck as is the pots and pan locker. # 99's now all new, clean and shiny in both lockers!

Richard Joiner

Jun 14, 2016, 5:51:58 PM6/14/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

BUIOCHAS
CR38 #161

Jun 20, 2016, 9:15:34 AM6/20/16
to caborico
Wow! We don't have that. Thanks for posting the pics.

I recently drilled into that space from inside the sink area and I was surprised to find so much wasted space. Maybe I'll see if I can get someone to make one for us.

S/V Silhouette

Jun 20, 2016, 9:19:38 AM6/20/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
We stored bulk coffee beans in there for our trip across the Pacific. No coffee beans again until Tonga.

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 4:44 AM, Stephen Brady <stpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Who stores what in the cubby hole under the stove. I'm re-assembling the stove and Ice box bulkheads and re-building the shelf under the stove and I'm curious as to what folks store there. I do have my Refrigeration lines running through there, which were originally mounted up high in the space and may consider moving them.

Stephen Brady

Jun 26, 2016, 8:37:16 AM6/26/16
to caborico
Finely have a picture.
On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 7:44:00 AM UTC-4, Stephen Brady wrote:
Stove Cubby hole.JPG

Stephen Brady

Jun 26, 2016, 8:45:28 AM6/26/16
to caborico

Original before replacing Ice Box bulkheads

IceBox2.jpg

MW Swart

Jun 26, 2016, 12:42:35 PM6/26/16
to caborico
#99's exactly the same. Replaced teak strips on panel beneath stove with solid teak panel, worked out nicely.