Re: [caborico] Re: Replacing section of teak cap rail

LDCB...@aol.com

Apr 26, 2015, 10:18:11 AM4/26/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I always wondered what NuTeak would cost to replace the cap rail? :)

Larry

In a message dated 4/25/2015 11:20:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, rfhu...@gmail.com writes:
Hey Alex,
Your story sounds familiar. I think I may be the previous owner who suffered the damage. The paint color also looks familiar as well.  I don't remember the hull number but the name was "Bathsheba" I sold it to a fellow named Hoopes.  Could it be the same boat?  I would love to hear about her travels since we parted.
Roger

On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 8:50:14 PM UTC-6, Alex Tarlecky wrote:
Folks,

I am wondering if any of you guys have had to replace a piece of your cap rail. My boat's previous owners left the boat at a dock during a hurricane. The wave action caused the bottom of the outer section of the caprail to catch on the dock and get torn up. The previous owner did a pretty lousy job at a repair - essentially just epoxying it back down and slathering some filler in.

I was cleaning up the whole caprail and decided its about time to start thinking about getting it replaced.

Any hints on where to get this type of job done in Florida would be helpful.

Regards,

Alex