Response to Jack

Edgar Marin

Jun 16, 2017, 3:33:23 PM6/16/17
to caborico
me
Jack, I have to admit you are a good fiction writer, almost convinced me of the veracity of your post. Now, out of respect to the members of this group I need to clarify certain things by stating facts:
A few weeks ago we met at the building where we both live, I mentioned to you I was about to buy a Sailboat, you got interested and asked me to see it, so we went to Kemah where the boat was, you seemed to have had a good impression of the boat regardless of the fact that it was not clean, you did not inspect the boat given your hip problem that make it hard and painful for you to move around a boat.
After a few days you called me and started talking about Cabo Rico boats as if you knew them very well while at the same time trying to impress me about your abilities as a Boat Manager; I made it clear to you that I was going to enjoy the project myself, you know I am partly retired engineer and with a lot of love for boats and maritime life style,You did not seem very happy about that.
Today I was searching the web trying to find documentation on the boat and to my surprise I found this forum and your posts:
Here my comments, unless you were talking about a different Cabo Rico boat in Kemah, Texas:
You are not looking to buy a project boat
You have not inspected my Cabo Rico 38 boat (I have already bought it and feel extremely happy about it, it was a great deal).
You have not found any conditions that would allow you to made the comments you made, you could only sit for a while and look at it.
And most important, you could have not made a sea trial on the boat, the sails are well preserved and stored in my house.

I thank all members that have tried to help Jack with good will and supportiveness. My respect and consideration to you all...
The boat is being cleaned, the wood is looking extremely nice after good treatment and care, the engine is running (to my surprise at the first crank). The previous owner, a very respectable 80 year old gentleman and a very energetic and healthy one decided to sale it because his wife cannot sail the boat anymore (they are going to buy a troller).

Jack, keep up the good writing but PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, make it clear to all readers that they are fictional because somebody could see them as delusional.

Edgar Marin