Replacement or Repair of Hatch lexan

S/V Oceanghost

Dec 18, 2015, 9:48:15 AM12/18/15
to caborico
My next project is to refinish all my exterior teak and replace or buff if possible my Lexan on my hatches. Any suggestions on the lexan would be appreciated. I don't have a budget for this since its a fairly small project. Thanks guys..

I attached a picture so you can see the shape there in..The UV has taken its toll for sure.
IMG_3021.jpg

curtis hoffman

Dec 18, 2015, 11:56:19 AM12/18/15
to Cabo Sailnet, Paul Hoffman
On Dec 18, 2015, at 9:48 AM, S/V Oceanghost <oceang...@gmail.com> wrote:

My next project is to refinish all my exterior teak and replace or buff if possible my Lexan on my hatches. Any suggestions on the lexan would be appreciated. I don't have a budget for this since its a fairly small project. Thanks guys..

I attached a picture so you can see the shape there in..The UV has taken its toll for sure.

Tom Fuhs

Dec 18, 2015, 12:16:36 PM12/18/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
ePlastics

I think cast acrylic (i.e. Lexan) is the right choice in this application.

Daniel Sanders

Dec 18, 2015, 12:28:10 PM12/18/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks for the information.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "caborico" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/caborico.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

~Mark Twain.

Daniel Sanders

Dec 18, 2015, 12:30:20 PM12/18/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Wow ePlastics looks like a great site for this material. Thank you for the link. My leg work is over..hahah