Re: [caborico] A short update on CR34 #6 and a heads up that we'll be asking for advice

Dave Newberg

Mar 17, 2015, 2:42:09 PM3/17/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

As you may know, we keep our 34 (#7) on Lake Superior - we’re just a short hop (25-30 miles) from Bayfield and have sailed the area for many years.

We may have some worthwhile comments/observations on your choice of launch-site marina, local knowledge, etc.

Also, a good friend of ours departed from our harbor on his 39' Shannon and is approaching his 5th year of a trip around the world. He will be taking an extended break from cruising for his daughter’s wedding this fall and claims he will be hanging around our marina a lot this summer. I believe he’d be a great source for info on your trip through the Great Lakes, the locks, and beyond.

Send me a note sometime to my direct email - we can chat about things in which others on the forum won’t likely be interested.

Cheers
Dave

On Mar 16, 2015, at 9:35 PM, Ron Applegate - CR34 Noodin <montana.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

About 3 years ago we purchased Cabo Rico 34 hull #6 with the intention of taking her cruising. We have her, Jiibay Na Noodin, in our backyard now, getting her ready to go cruising. We're a little less than a year away from retirement and a little more than a year away from heading off. We're sitting in Montana with a plan of hauling the boat to the Bayfield Wisconsin and heading to the Bahamas from there. We have a long project list and will be asking advice from you on the group. I'll do my best to document the off the wall stuff and give back to the group that way. Anyway, just a heads up that you'll be hearing a lot more from me soon.

Ron