side stay and spreader

LDCB...@aol.com

May 9, 2017, 2:48:28 PM5/9/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks in advance,
New owner just called with a question.
I should know this but on CR 38 does the side stay run through the back slot or front slot or does it matter.

Larry

Mickey Panayiotakis

May 9, 2017, 2:50:40 PM5/9/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
on mine I only have one shroud go through the spreader. I think only one notch on the spreader too, but not sure since I've boots.

LB Home

May 9, 2017, 2:59:17 PM5/9/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Ok thx
One spreader but I had 2 notches.
Larry

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to caborico+u...@googlegroups.com.

Mickey Panayiotakis

May 9, 2017, 3:04:38 PM5/9/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
It's Been awhile since I've been up there :D It looks like the shroud comes down the middle of the spreader on my boat, so I'd figure whichever notch was closer to the middle.

LB Home

May 9, 2017, 3:07:32 PM5/9/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Ok Mickey.
I found an old pic and it ran through the aft slot. I never could figure why there were 2 slots.
Thx
Larry

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to caborico+u...@googlegroups.com.

Thierry Danz

May 9, 2017, 3:25:15 PM5/9/17
to Cabo Rico Group
Two slots are for if you have upper and intermediate lowers, on a 2-spreader rig like on my 42. One a one spreader rig it doesn't make a difference if you use the forward or aft slot.

Thierry

LB Home

May 9, 2017, 6:29:27 PM5/9/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Thierry.
I sort of figured as close as the were to each other it funny matter.

Hope all is going well with you.

Best
Larry

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to caborico+u...@googlegroups.com.

cab...@aol.com

May 10, 2017, 12:59:04 PM5/10/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I do not have two notches in my spreader? It must be a refit. Anyway see which one lines up in a straight line best and use that one.

Breck Caine CR 38 #19

LB Home

May 10, 2017, 1:01:22 PM5/10/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com