New Cabo Rico website!?

mickey

Apr 7, 2017, 7:46:56 PM4/7/17
to caborico
Howdy y'all

Did you notice this? https://www.caboricoyachts.com/

Notably missing is the old CR38.

Tom Fuhs

Apr 7, 2017, 10:46:07 PM4/7/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. Only mentions the 42 and 56.  Both Paine designs. No Crealock boats at all.

Sent from my iPhone

Mickey Panayiotakis

Norris Palmer

Apr 8, 2017, 2:01:33 PM4/8/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Wonder who put that up? Was that by the new company that was going to start again?

Mickey Panayiotakis

Apr 8, 2017, 6:53:31 PM4/8/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

The "about" page still lists Fraser and team.

--

Mickey Panayiotakis
Managing Partner, Infamia

800.270.5170 x512
202-415-0318

http://www.infamia.com

Jamie opus CR38 #26

Apr 23, 2017, 8:20:36 AM4/23/17
to caborico
Hello all

I thought I would have some fun and sent a note to this site asking about a new rudder boot ( shoe ) for my 38.
I was surprised to get a phone call from cabo to inform me that they no longer are able to supply parts as they no longer have the molds .
but they were willing to sell me a 56 center cockpit.

Jamie

Mickey Panayiotakis

Apr 23, 2017, 8:49:47 AM4/23/17
to caborico

Hah! Not much has changed then. Do you know who called you back?

Tom Fuhs

Apr 23, 2017, 8:54:33 AM4/23/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Well Jamie,  a new 56 sounds like a solution to your problem!  ;).  In truth, I think you're better off having a new rudder shoe made locally. You can be sure of the metallurgy, and can add features like a spot to bolt on a zinc.

Sent from my iPhone

Mickey Panayiotakis

Apr 23, 2017, 11:03:43 AM4/23/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

I didn't see the 38 mentioned in the website. Did they sell the designs?

Leslie Owen

Apr 23, 2017, 11:53:24 AM4/23/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Jamie, Tom Fuhs is spot on. We had our replacement made locally. Funny. Ours looked like Swiss cheese and last week Clayton took pictures of the shoe on the CR 34 vessel in Oriental. It was also full of holes.
Get the new made from the "good stuff" and include the threaded holes to mount zincs.  All you need do is remove the original so your fabricator has the specs to reproduce.
Sad that CR does not offer support to their vessels being used and enjoyed. It seems to me that has been the model for Hinkley and Valiant.  Heck if you can't get orders for a whole boat the boat in pieces would always cost more. Even street thieves/chop shop owners knows that. 😆

Best,

Leslie

s/v Tango, CR 34

Sent from my iPhone

curtis hoffman

Apr 23, 2017, 12:33:17 PM4/23/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I think the 38 isn't listed because the old molds were worn out. 180 boats were made in them. 42 only 15-16 I think. 56 I think only two?

Sent from my iPhone

Thierry Danz

Leslie Owen

Apr 23, 2017, 1:58:57 PM4/23/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Surprised to see a 1991 CR in need of a possible new shoe. This is the one in Oriental,NC for sale.

image1.JPG
Sent from my iPhone