2015 Chesapeake Bay Cabo Rico Get Together

Leslie Owen

Mar 14, 2015, 8:48:25 PM3/14/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Our yard is full of robins so Spring must be close.  I wanted to throw out a chance to come together for a Cabo Rico weekend this summer somewhere on the Chesapeake.

I can come with the Flat Iron Steaks and the charcoal but need to know if there are folks who would come to the party.  I am sure we can do Lankford Bay again but with so many great destinations, it can certainly be up for discussion.

Any weekend in June can offer good opportunities for civil sailing.......the ice should be gone and there may be some breeze.  There are some new members here that will be fun to meet and it is always wonderful to see the friends we have made over the years, hear how their trips have been or their projects have progressed.

Send me your thoughts and we can start to make plans.

Oh so ready for warm weather,

Leslie

Leslie Owen
s/v Tango, CR 34
Lankford Bay Marina
Chester River, MD

Richard

Mar 14, 2015, 10:19:57 PM3/14/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
How about Solomons Island. Zahnisers has slips, moorings or you can anchor. They have a picnic area and grills available. Last weekend in June works for us.

Richard and Robyn
Buiochas
CR38 #161

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 14, 2015, at 8:48 PM, Leslie Owen <kb3...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Leslie Owen

Mar 15, 2015, 9:01:38 AM3/15/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Wow!  That is a great suggestion!  Is this your home port?  Do you have the ability to let us use the picnic area at no charge as your guests?  Or do you know what it may cost to reserve the tables and grills for our get together?

We would anchor out, I would think and it seems most of this group does that or may come by car so if you have a boat in a slip, there could be a base for operations.  Eager to hear back.

Best,

Leslie

Richard

Mar 15, 2015, 10:30:14 AM3/15/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Leslie,
No. We don't have a slip there, just a great destination. I believe that if one of us gets a slip or mooring, we would have guest privileges. We usually anchor out as well, but would be willing to secure a mooring. On occasion, we find that anchoring space is limited around Zahnisers.

R & R
Buiochas
CR 38 #161

Sent from my iPad

CaboR...@comcast.net

Mar 16, 2015, 10:28:22 AM3/16/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
We would love to get together with everyone, however, our home port is Salem, MA in the summer.  Someday we'll make it to the Chesapeake on our way south which can't come soon enough (5-6 years) especailly after this winter.
If anyone ever plans a summer trip to New England let us know.  We usually spend two weeks in either Maine or on the Cape.  Otherwise, we are on the boat every weekend.
Lisa & Ron
Alcyone
CR38  #87

Mar 21, 2015, 10:41:27 AM3/21/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Darn.  Salem, MA in the summer and I am going there for two weeks in April to install anesthesia machines.  I just can't get this work thing right!

Good to hear folks are interested in getting together.  Right now Clayton is out shoveling the six inches of snow we received yesterday here at the house.  I had hoped to remove our winter cover this weekend but will wait until it is dry to remove it.  Surely Spring can not be far.

with best regards,

Leslie

CaboR...@comcast.net

Mar 23, 2015, 8:19:29 AM3/23/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Alex & Lisa if you make it up to Boston/Salem area this summer give us a jingle.  We are in the Hawthorne Cove/Brewers marina in Salem MA.
Lisa & Ron
Alcyone
CR38 #87

Mar 24, 2015, 12:25:41 PM3/24/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,
We have been in Salem for about 11 years, in Newburyport with a 28ft Saber before that.  We live in Manchester NH though.  My extended family is from Lynn, MA, although I don;t admit that too often.  :)
Small world!  Just meet someone this past weekend while in the White Mountains who grew up in Beverly.
Lisa