Quick question on sail area coach load

Rich S

Jun 24, 2015, 2:07:44 PM6/24/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Two quick questions. Does anyone know the area of a 110 Yankee for a CR 38? The local sailmaker wants $0.48 per foot for cleaning.

Second, I was looking at a 50 gal fuel bladder for longer trips. It would be placed between the mast and the main traveler on the coach roof. Full I am figuring about 400 lbs including hardware. Of course it would have a fairly large foot print to spread the weight. But even so, that may be too much. Any thoughts?

This way instead of a bunch of jerrycans I can roll up the bladder and store it out of sight. Just a thought while the mechanic tries to figure out why I have compression on any of my cylinders.

Rich

curtis hoffman

Jun 24, 2015, 2:19:15 PM6/24/15
to Cabo Sailnet, Paul Hoffman
I would worry about the full bladder rolling around in heavy weather! The area of your Yankee could be figured using a tape measure to calculate its area.
Paul