New owner of a Cabo Rico 38

Stephen Brady

Feb 28, 2015, 7:59:09 PM2/28/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Well folks I officially own Hull number 67, 1983 CR 38. She does need alot of work, but that is what it's all about for me. I'm hopefully selling my Newport 28 shortly, preping the CR for seaworthyness to move from Annapolis to Harve de Grace by the first of April. This site has been a wealth of information, browsing back through the archives.

Stephen

S/V Corsair

Mar 1, 2015, 7:19:29 AM3/1/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen!  Did you buy Naelyan?

Stephen Brady

Mar 1, 2015, 8:53:48 AM3/1/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Yes,

Tom Fuhs

Mar 1, 2015, 11:27:46 PM3/1/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Stephen!  Welcome to the club.  Will Harve de Grace be her home port?

Tom Fuhs
CR 38 #115   "Eclipse"
Rock Hall, MD.

Stephen Brady

Mar 2, 2015, 6:50:26 AM3/2/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, she'll be dock in HdG at Tidewater

S/V Corsair

Mar 2, 2015, 4:34:28 PM3/2/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Stephen

Congrats and I look forward to seeing you out on the Bay!  Check in with the Cabo Rico Owners Facebook page if you have not already done so.

Regards,

Dale

Leslie Owen

Mar 2, 2015, 8:28:09 PM3/2/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stephen.  Welcome to the group!  So glad to hear that another CR has found a new home.  Do let us know when we can see you out on the water.  Maybe we will get to meet up in the near future.

Congratulations on your new vessel.  May she bring you years of adventure and delight!

with kind regards,

Leslie

s/v Tango
Lankford Bay Marina
Chester River, MD

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Stephen Brady <stpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well folks I officially own Hull number 67, 1983 CR 38. She does need alot of work, but that is what it's all about for me. I'm hopefully selling my Newport 28 shortly, preping the CR for seaworthyness to move from Annapolis to Harve de Grace by the first of April. This site has been a wealth of information, browsing back through the archives.

Stephen

Mar 2, 2015, 8:49:55 PM3/2/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Stephen,
Congrats.
Bringing a CR back to a "well found" boat is a true labor of love. But the strength, sailing ability and just owning really damned good looking boat will be worth the effort.
The more you sail her the more she will win your heart.
Best with the new boat. Don't forget to enjoy it a little also while working on it.
Larry Barker
Venteux Hull 89

Sent from my iPhone

Stephen Brady

Mar 19, 2015, 8:00:36 AM3/19/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Tom,
   Do you also own a 32 Bayfield at the Sailing Emporium?

Tom Fuhs

Mar 19, 2015, 10:03:25 AM3/19/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Stephen,
Yes I do!  You have my curiosity up.  Have we met?

 -Tom

Stephen Brady

Mar 19, 2015, 12:15:26 PM3/19/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I Crew for Don, who owns the J42-Falcon and a Frers30-Mistral at the Sailing Emporium. When I was looking for a boat, (Always looking) he mention that he heard of a Bayfield 32 needing a refit,might be up for sale, since the owner's just acquired a CR 38. Reading this Group, I put it together.

Tom Fuhs

Mar 19, 2015, 12:36:24 PM3/19/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Don is a great guy.  You're lucky to crew for him.   We are still working on the Bayfield.  We are going to have her in the water this year.  Over the past several years, we re-powered, re-wired, re-plumbed, re-engineered and repaired  a lot of what was wrong with her.  The PO had let her fall into a general state of disrepair.  Cosmetically, she looked pretty good, but there was a lot of deferred maintenance and bad decisions that we fixed and continue to fix.  We will likely continue to work on her in the water this summer and hope to have her in shape to sail this year.  We are also doing a refit and face-lift on our CR, but that is an ongoing project and we have some pro help on the major glass and paint work.  By the time the Bayfield is pretty much done, the CR will be ready for me to start my projects.   The Bayfield is sort of "unofficially for sale".  If someone made a reasonable offer, I'd probably take it. But the other part of me wants to see things through and sail her for a couple of years while we do the refit on the CR.