NUG Checking In

Percival W Herman

Jul 7, 2017, 10:32:08 AM7/7/17
to caborico
Greetings!  New useless guy just joined up both here and at the Facebook group.  My wife and I recently purchased a 1985 Cabo Rico 38 (#97) on a bit of an impulse and are now catching up on all of the diligence we should have exercised beforehand.  Thanks to all for what's already proven a tremendous resource!

Mickey Panayiotakis

Jul 7, 2017, 10:35:41 AM7/7/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Percival Are you the one with the Cabo Rico 38 in Durango, CO? Must be the only one for miles! :D Where do you sail?

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Percival W Herman <winner...@centurylink.net> wrote:
Greetings!  New useless guy just joined up both here and at the Facebook group.  My wife and I recently purchased a 1985 Cabo Rico 38 (#97) on a bit of an impulse and are now catching up on all of the diligence we should have exercised beforehand.  Thanks to all for what's already proven a tremendous resource!

Percival W Herman

Jul 7, 2017, 4:24:55 PM7/7/17
to caborico
Hello Mickey,

Our plans are evolving as this whole thing was a little half baked but it looks like we will spend our next several vacations sailing the boat on the Great Lakes.

On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 8:35:41 AM UTC-6, mickey wrote:
Hi Percival Are you the one with the Cabo Rico 38 in Durango, CO? Must be the only one for miles! :D Where do you sail?

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Percival W Herman <winner...@centurylink.net> wrote:
Greetings!  New useless guy just joined up both here and at the Facebook group.  My wife and I recently purchased a 1985 Cabo Rico 38 (#97) on a bit of an impulse and are now catching up on all of the diligence we should have exercised beforehand.  Thanks to all for what's already proven a tremendous resource!

Dave McGinnis

Jul 7, 2017, 5:15:43 PM7/7/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
We're in Traverse City , Michigan. Where are you located?

Dave and Mary McGinnis
Scout
1988 CR 38 XL #130
--
Regards,

Dave McGinnis
Manager and Senior Captain
Traverse Tall Ship Company, LLC

Looking for a terrific vacation rental? Check out "Schooner House"!

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!

While in Traverse City, check out Traverse City Tours for wine tasting tours and much more! Top notch service at reasonable prices.  Go to:  http://www.traversecitytours.com/

Percival W Herman

Jul 8, 2017, 9:15:45 AM7/8/17
to caborico
The boat is presently in Manitowoc, WI.  The choice was a bit arbitrary but we fell in love with the place on a driving trip a few years ago and figured it was as good a spot as any to stage our little "adventures".  Traverse City and other locations on the bay are definitely on our list of sooner-than-later spots to visit.  I used to fly into Traverse City occasionally and always regretted not being able to spend any time there due to the obvious beauty and noted attractions.

Dave McGinnis

Jul 8, 2017, 9:21:57 AM7/8/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Let us know when you're headed this way. It would be fun to meet up.

We own a sailing company (www.tallshipsailing.com) with a 77' schooner as well as our Cabo. We use Scout for private day charters mostly, but take her out for fun when able. Cabos are terrific boats! You're going to love yours!

Percival W Herman

Jul 9, 2017, 11:42:33 AM7/9/17
to caborico
Thank you, Dave. We may very well do that, particularly if there may be an opportunity to get aboard a tall ship as I've been enamored with them since I was a kid.

Dave Newberg

Jul 10, 2017, 4:20:43 PM7/10/17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Percival,

In your Great Lakes sailing, do you intend to explore Lake Superior?

If yes, get in touch off the forum to discuss. We’ve been sailing there 30+ years — we’re in Wisconsin at the west end, about 50 miles out of Duluth/Superior.

Cheers
Dave
Cigano — CR34 #7
On Jul 9, 2017, at 10:42 AM, Percival W Herman <winner...@centurylink.net> wrote:

Thank you, Dave.   We may very well do that, particularly if there may be an opportunity to get aboard a tall ship as I've been enamored with them since I was a kid.

Percival W Herman

Jul 10, 2017, 11:59:18 PM7/10/17
to caborico
Hello Dave,

Though not this year, we absolutely intend to explore Superior.  My wife is from Bayfield (albeit Bayfield, CO) but we delight in the shared place-name and have wanted to explore the Apostle Islands among the many other attractions on this greatest of these lakes.  Many thanks and we'll be in touch when we head your direction.

Best Regards,

Percy

Robert Benner

Jul 11, 2017, 8:41:25 AM7/11/17
to Thierry Danz
Percy

My wife and I sail, when we are home, out of Bayfield, ON.  A trifecta of Bayfields.

Bob Benner

Percival W Herman

Jul 11, 2017, 9:59:16 AM7/11/17
to caborico
Ah yes... and very near to Goderich. Another place I would like to visit, especially to place an order for and take delivery of a certain boat with Bayfield lineage. Don't know that it will ever happen but I certainly fantasize much.

Robert Benner

Jul 11, 2017, 10:49:24 AM7/11/17
to Thierry Danz
You live in a different tax bracket from us.

We have spent any money we had on cruising.  Likely we would have found ourselves impoverished now anyway but at least we had some fun.

Bob