Main Hatch Cover Removal

Dave McGinnis

Mar 10, 2015, 4:08:12 PM3/10/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
We have to pull the main hatch cover for maintenance and repair, and we're not sure what the trick is. Do we have to remove the spray hood?

Mickey Panayiotakis

Mar 10, 2015, 5:47:09 PM3/10/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Dave

Not sure if this applies to your era boat. Mine is 1980 #30. TO remove the companionway hatch, I just remove the wooden stopper (on the forward end  of hte companionway) and slide the hatch out. I did not have to remove the spray hood. See:
REmove the piece with the 3 screws. MIne is probably a little more "exposed" than yours :)

mickey

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Dave McGinnis <daveta...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have to pull the main hatch cover for maintenance and repair, and we're not sure what the trick is. Do we have to remove the spray hood?

Dave McGinnis

Mar 10, 2015, 6:48:52 PM3/10/15
to Caborico
Thanks Mickey! I'll take another look and see if it resembles yours.

Regards,

Dave McGinnis
Manager and Senior Captain
Traverse Tall Ship Company, LLC

Looking for a terrific vacation rental? Check out "Schooner House"!

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!

While in Traverse City, check out Traverse City Tours for wine tasting tours and much more! Top notch service at reasonable prices.  Go to:  http://www.traversecitytours.com/