Keystone XL pipeline

Bill Shatzer

Jan 22, 2015, 6:27:59 PM1/22/15
"The Canadian oil company seeking permission to build the nearly
1,200-mile-long Keystone XL pipeline filed papers Tuesday to secure
rights to build on private land in Nebraska, setting off the latest
round of legal battles that have stalled the project.

"TransCanada Corp. said Tuesday that it had filed papers in local courts
in nine counties to acquire easements it will need to build the
pipeline. The company filed those court papers two days before a
two-year window closed."

http://tinyurl.com/KeystoneXLpipe

You gotta wonder why all those rightwads who rose up in righteous anger
against the Kelo decision allowing eminent domain condemnations for
community development are strangely silent when TransCanada does exactly
the same thing for its pipeline.

A typical case of rightwad hypocrisy I'm thinking.

How 'bout it, BT? Where are you on this 'un?

peace and justice.

Al Czervik

Jan 23, 2015, 3:53:46 AM1/23/15
Kelo was about municipalities condemning property so that another owner
could build something nicer and pay more taxes.

And you think this is the same as building a road, airport or pipeline?

2,748 murdered in Obama's organized communities

Jan 23, 2015, 6:05:45 AM1/23/15
An underground pipeline on land that will continue to be owned by the
original owner, who will receive generous compensation for his
trouble.

Then there are the thousands of (probably union) American jobs created
building and maintaining the pipeline. Why do you hate American union
workers, Shatz?

Hal

Jan 23, 2015, 9:53:17 AM1/23/15
^^^^^^^^^^

No, you're not

Hal

Jan 23, 2015, 9:56:17 AM1/23/15
Based Shatz's history of posting we know he's none to bright. :-)

Bert

Jan 23, 2015, 11:58:14 AM1/23/15
In news:m9s10u$e8d$1...@dont-email.me Bill Shatzer <ww...@NOcornell.edu>
wrote:

> "The Canadian oil company

Newsgroup "ca.politics" is for California. You probably want
"can.<something>."

--
be...@iphouse.com St. Paul, MN

Bill Shatzer

Jan 23, 2015, 3:17:49 PM1/23/15
Al Czervik wrote:
> On 1/22/2015 3:27 PM, Bill Shatzer wrote:
>> "The Canadian oil company seeking permission to build the nearly
>> 1,200-mile-long Keystone XL pipeline filed papers Tuesday to secure
>> rights to build on private land in Nebraska, setting off the latest
>> round of legal battles that have stalled the project.
>>
>> "TransCanada Corp. said Tuesday that it had filed papers in local courts
>> in nine counties to acquire easements it will need to build the
>> pipeline. The company filed those court papers two days before a
>> two-year window closed."

>> http://tinyurl.com/KeystoneXLpipe

>> You gotta wonder why all those rightwads who rose up in righteous anger
>> against the Kelo decision allowing eminent domain condemnations for
>> community development are strangely silent when TransCanada does exactly
>> the same thing for its pipeline.

>> A typical case of rightwad hypocrisy I'm thinking.

> Kelo was about municipalities condemning property so that another owner
> could build something nicer and pay more taxes.

> And you think this is the same as building a road, airport or pipeline?

Well, it is, after all, a -private- pipeline. No one is going to use it
and no one is going to profit or benefit from it except TransCanada.

The urban renewal project in New London was presumably be to the benefit
of the entire city and its citizens. It was intended to revitalize an
economically distressed area - a slum if you will.

The Keystone pipeline will exclusively benefit a single corporation -
and a foreign corporation at that.

peace and justice,

Bill Shatzer

Jan 23, 2015, 3:23:36 PM1/23/15
Hal wrote:

> Based Shatz's history of posting we know he's none to bright. :-)

Well, at least I know the difference between "to" and "too".

peace and justice,

Al Czervik

Jan 23, 2015, 4:06:11 PM1/23/15
Because Warren Buffet, who is making a buttload on shipping the oil on
his trains, told him so.

Al Czervik

Jan 23, 2015, 4:25:59 PM1/23/15
On 1/23/2015 12:23 PM, Bill Shatzer wrote:
> Hal wrote:
>
>> Based Shatz's history of posting we know he's none to bright. :-)
>
> Well, at least I know the difference between "to" and "too".

That's "two" and "two" if your trying to sum up all you know.

Bill Shatzer

Jan 23, 2015, 5:20:06 PM1/23/15
I also know the difference between 'your" and "you're".

It would behove those wishing to denigrate others' intelligence to
display at least a basic literacy in the English language.

You don't display a high degree of knowledge yourself, Sparkie.

peace and justice,

2,748 murdered in Obama's organized communities

Jan 24, 2015, 5:14:56 AM1/24/15
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:23:35 -0800, Bill Shatzer <ww...@NOcornell.edu>
wrote:

>Hal wrote:
>
>> Based Shatz's history of posting we know he's none to bright. :-)
>
>Well, at least I know the difference between "to" and "too".

Bragging about your one achievement in life again?

2,748 murdered in Obama's organized communities

Jan 24, 2015, 5:15:49 AM1/24/15
That would be "three" according to Dudu.

2,748 murdered in Obama's organized communities

Jan 24, 2015, 5:22:37 AM1/24/15
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:17:47 -0800, Bill Shatzer <ww...@NOcornell.edu>
wrote:

>Al Czervik wrote:
>> On 1/22/2015 3:27 PM, Bill Shatzer wrote:
>>> "The Canadian oil company seeking permission to build the nearly
>>> 1,200-mile-long Keystone XL pipeline filed papers Tuesday to secure
>>> rights to build on private land in Nebraska, setting off the latest
>>> round of legal battles that have stalled the project.
>>>
>>> "TransCanada Corp. said Tuesday that it had filed papers in local courts
>>> in nine counties to acquire easements it will need to build the
>>> pipeline. The company filed those court papers two days before a
>>> two-year window closed."
>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/KeystoneXLpipe
>
>>> You gotta wonder why all those rightwads who rose up in righteous anger
>>> against the Kelo decision allowing eminent domain condemnations for
>>> community development are strangely silent when TransCanada does exactly
>>> the same thing for its pipeline.
>
>>> A typical case of rightwad hypocrisy I'm thinking.
>
>> Kelo was about municipalities condemning property so that another owner
>> could build something nicer and pay more taxes.
>
>> And you think this is the same as building a road, airport or pipeline?
>
>Well, it is, after all, a -private- pipeline. No one is going to use it
>and no one is going to profit or benefit from it except TransCanada.

And the landowners who get paid rent. And the Americans who construct
and maintain the pipeline. And likely a shitload of taxes paid to the
US by TransCanada (which will also need to change their name for
accuracy's sake)

>The urban renewal project in New London was presumably be to the benefit
>of the entire city and its citizens. It was intended to revitalize an
>economically distressed area - a slum if you will.

So you are happy to kick out Obama's base so you can build a Wal-Mart?

>The Keystone pipeline will exclusively benefit a single corporation -
>and a foreign corporation at that.

And the landowners who get paid rent. And the Americans who construct
and maintain the pipeline. And likely a shitload of taxes paid to the
US by TransCanada.

Bill Shatzer

Jan 24, 2015, 3:34:21 PM1/24/15
2,748 murdered in Obama's organized communities wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:17:47 -0800, Bill Shatzer<ww...@NOcornell.edu>
> wrote:

>> Al Czervik wrote:
>>> On 1/22/2015 3:27 PM, Bill Shatzer wrote:

-snip-

>>> And you think this is the same as building a road, airport or pipeline?

>> Well, it is, after all, a -private- pipeline. No one is going to use it
>> and no one is going to profit or benefit from it except TransCanada.
>
> And the landowners who get paid rent.

To repeat, there is no "rent". Once TransCanada as acquired the easement
by agree or compensation, it owns the easement in perpetuity and without
further payment.

> And the Americans who construct
> and maintain the pipeline.

Best estimates are that the maintenance and operation of the pipeline
with create thirty-five (35!) permanent jobs. Big freakin' whoop!

> And likely a shitload of taxes paid to the
> US by TransCanada (which will also need to change their name for
> accuracy's sake)

TransCanada's numbers vis-a-vis taxes have been seriously challenged by
the Cornell study. In South Dakota, additional actual local tax revenue
has been one-third of TransCanada's pre-constrution projections.

- snips-

>> The Keystone pipeline will exclusively benefit a single corporation -
>> and a foreign corporation at that.
>
> And the landowners who get paid rent.

Again, gawd damn it, there is NO 'rent'. Once TransCanada has purchased
the easement, it's theirs forever with no additional payments to anyone.

> And the Americans who construct
> and maintain the pipeline.

Thirty-five freakin' jobs. About what you'd get if they opened a new
Burger King in Omaha.

> And likely a shitload of taxes paid to the
> US by TransCanada.

The US gets nothing. The pipeline is not going to generate any income
within the US so no federal or state income taxes will result and the
social security taxed generated by 35 employees is simply insignificant.

Local governments may get some additional property taxes but it's far
from certain that those will be at all significant. And any property
taxes on the pipeline itself will be offset, at least partially by the
decrease in the value of the property over which the pipeline and the
easement runs.

Rather obviously, a property with a pipeline and easement running
through it is worth less than the value of the property whole and complete.

peace and justice,

2,748 murdered in Obama's organized communities

Jan 25, 2015, 4:48:00 AM1/25/15
On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 12:34:17 -0800, Bill Shatzer <ww...@NOcornell.edu>
wrote:

>2,748 murdered in Obama's organized communities wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:17:47 -0800, Bill Shatzer<ww...@NOcornell.edu>
>> wrote:

>-snip-

>>> Well, it is, after all, a -private- pipeline. No one is going to use it
>>> and no one is going to profit or benefit from it except TransCanada.
>>
>> And the landowners who get paid rent.
>
>To repeat, there is no "rent". Once TransCanada as acquired the easement
>by agree or compensation, it owns the easement in perpetuity and without
>further payment.

In your fevered imagination.

>> And the Americans who construct
>> and maintain the pipeline.
>
>Best estimates are that the maintenance and operation of the pipeline
>with create thirty-five (35!) permanent jobs. Big freakin' whoop!

In your fevered imagination.

>> And likely a shitload of taxes paid to the
>> US by TransCanada (which will also need to change their name for
>> accuracy's sake)
>
>TransCanada's numbers vis-a-vis taxes have been seriously challenged by
>the Cornell study. In South Dakota, additional actual local tax revenue
>has been one-third of TransCanada's pre-constrution projections.

They haven't built the pipeline yet. How can they be paying "actual
taxes"?

>- snips-
>
>>> The Keystone pipeline will exclusively benefit a single corporation -
>>> and a foreign corporation at that.
>>
>> And the landowners who get paid rent.
>
>Again, gawd damn it, there is NO 'rent'. Once TransCanada has purchased
>the easement, it's theirs forever with no additional payments to anyone.

In your fevered imagination.

>> And the Americans who construct
>> and maintain the pipeline.
>
>Thirty-five freakin' jobs. About what you'd get if they opened a new
>Burger King in Omaha.

In your fevered imagination.

>> And likely a shitload of taxes paid to the
>> US by TransCanada.
>
>The US gets nothing. The pipeline is not going to generate any income
>within the US so no federal or state income taxes will result and the
>social security taxed generated by 35 employees is simply insignificant.
>
>Local governments may get some additional property taxes but it's far
>from certain that those will be at all significant. And any property
>taxes on the pipeline itself will be offset, at least partially by the
>decrease in the value of the property over which the pipeline and the
>easement runs.
>
>Rather obviously, a property with a pipeline and easement running
>through it is worth less than the value of the property whole and complete.

In your fevered imagination.

For a "progressive", you sure do hate progress.

Bill Shatzer

Jan 25, 2015, 3:13:21 PM1/25/15
2,748 murdered in Obama's organized communities wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 12:34:17 -0800, Bill Shatzer<ww...@NOcornell.edu>
> wrote:

>> TransCanada's numbers vis-a-vis taxes have been seriously challenged by
>> the Cornell study. In South Dakota, additional actual local tax revenue
>> has been one-third of TransCanada's pre-constrution projections.

> They haven't built the pipeline yet. How can they be paying "actual
> taxes"?

Au contraire Sparkie.

http://tinyurl.com/l6lu7ju

Note phases 1 through 3a are done and phase 3b is to be completed this
year.

All the current controversy is about phase 4 running through
northeastern Montana and central South Dakota and Nebraska.

peace and justice,

Gronk

Jan 25, 2015, 4:24:59 PM1/25/15
You are jealous he is ahead of you.

Al Czervik

Jan 25, 2015, 8:25:52 PM1/25/15
On 1/23/2015 2:20 PM, Bill Shatzer wrote:
> Al Czervik wrote:

>>> Well, at least I know the difference between "to" and "too".
>
>> That's "two" and "two" if your trying to sum up all you know.
>
> I also know the difference between 'your" and "you're".

It's called an Alism. Like this:

> It would behove...

2,751 murdered in Obama's organized communities

Jan 26, 2015, 6:32:45 AM1/26/15
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:24:58 -0700, Gronk <inv...@usenet.invalid>
wrote:
Which still puts me 4 ahead of you, little one.

2,751 murdered in Obama's organized communities

Jan 26, 2015, 6:41:08 AM1/26/15
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 12:13:19 -0800, Bill Shatzer <ww...@NOcornell.edu>
wrote:

>2,748 murdered in Obama's organized communities wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 12:34:17 -0800, Bill Shatzer<ww...@NOcornell.edu>
>> wrote:
>
>>> TransCanada's numbers vis-a-vis taxes have been seriously challenged by
>>> the Cornell study. In South Dakota, additional actual local tax revenue
>>> has been one-third of TransCanada's pre-constrution projections.
>
>> They haven't built the pipeline yet. How can they be paying "actual
>> taxes"?
>
>Au contraire Sparkie.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/l6lu7ju
>
>Note phases 1 through 3a are done and phase 3b is to be completed this
>year.
>
>All the current controversy is about phase 4 running through
>northeastern Montana and central South Dakota and Nebraska.

Where po' people are packed thousands to the square block. Not.

So, really, you moonbats are just whining to hear yourselves whine.

Gronk

Jan 29, 2015, 11:25:13 PM1/29/15
behind.

Rick O'Shea

Feb 12, 2015, 2:36:00 PM2/12/15
On 1/24/2015 1:34 PM, Bill Shatzer wrote:
> TransCanada's numbers vis-a-vis taxes have been seriously challenged by
> the Cornell study

No pipeline =

0 jobs created

0 tax receipts generated

0 local dollars spent

0 barrels of Bakken crude shipped by pipeline to Gulf refineries

etc.

Rick O'Shea

Feb 12, 2015, 2:39:46 PM2/12/15
On 1/23/2015 3:20 PM, Bill Shatzer wrote:
> You don't display a high degree of knowledge yourself, Sparkie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Pipeline

The U.S. State Department's Preliminary Supplemental Environmental
Impact Statement, issued in March 2013, estimated 3,900 direct jobs and
42,000 direct and indirect jobs during construction

Rick O'Shea

Feb 12, 2015, 2:40:34 PM2/12/15
On 1/23/2015 1:23 PM, Bill Shatzer wrote:

> Well, at least I know the difference between "to" and "too".

Rick O'Shea

Feb 12, 2015, 2:41:56 PM2/12/15
On 1/23/2015 1:17 PM, Bill Shatzer wrote:
> The Keystone pipeline will exclusively benefit a single corporation

LIAR!

http://247wallst.com/investing/2013/03/12/eight-companies-that-will-benefit-from-keystone-pipeline-approval-trp-cnq-cop-de-xom-lyb-pwr-vlo/

In a recent research note, the analyst highlighted an array of stocks
likely to benefit from the Keystone XL pipeline. Those stocks are:

Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. (NYSE: CNQ) is an Alberta-based
independent oil and gas exploration company that has a Thomson/First
Call consensus price target of $38.

ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) explores for, produces, transports and
markets crude oil, bitumen, natural gas, liquefied natural gas and
natural gas liquids around the world. The Wall St. price target for
ConocoPhillips is $64. Investors also can take advantage of a rich 4.5%
dividend.

Construction equipment leader Deere & Co. (NYSE: DE) is likely to
benefit from the pipeline. Shares are trading close to a 52-week high
and the consensus price target is $102. The stock also pays a 2.20%
dividend.

American giant Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM) is the only large
integrated oil company on the Strategas list. The consensus price target
is $96, and investors receive a 2.60% dividend.

Netherlands-based refiner and chemical company LyondellBasell Industries
N.V.(NYSE: LYB) makes the list. The consensus price target for this
basic materials leader is $70.

Houston-based infrastructure construction company Quanta Services Inc.
(NYSE: PWR) is expected to be a big winner. The consensus price target
is $33.

Another refiner poised to benefit from the Keystone pipeline is Valero
Energy Corp. (NYSE: VLO). The stock has been on fire since last June and
has a consensus price target of $50.

Rick O'Shea

Feb 12, 2015, 2:42:44 PM2/12/15
On 1/22/2015 4:27 PM, Bill Shatzer wrote:
> "TransCanada Corp. said Tuesday that it had filed papers in local courts
> in nine counties to acquire easements it will need to build the pipeline.

Excellent, hello new jobs:

Al Czervik

Feb 12, 2015, 3:28:10 PM2/12/15
It's going to be $5.3 billion to build with 9000 US laborers. In
addition landowners are signing easement contracts with TransCanada -
100% in Montana and South Dakota and 78% in Nebraska so far - more
foreign money brought into the US. The obvious benefit we will all see
an improved supply of the oil commodity which will put a downward
pressure on oil prices.

The liberals claim the pipeline will only produce 35 full time jobs. I'm
assuming this would be just maintenance of the 1200 mile pipeline. There
are also those who will be needed to process the oil at the refineries.
Not to mention the indirect jobs created by $5.3B injection, wages and
easement payments.

There is *ONE* reason that Obama is against this and that is because
Warren Buffet, who has done fabulously well since Obama's been in office
(while most of America has remained stagnant), is currently transporting
that oil with his trains which is crazy lucrative and he is (in the
words of Joe Biden) one of Obama's "Butt Buddies."

So much for Obama's "shovel ready" jobs.

Rick O'Shea

Feb 14, 2015, 2:28:29 PM2/14/15
And don't forget that he wants to gig the evil Koch brothers:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/keystone-xl-koch-brothers_n_4136491.html