Getting Started with iOs Dev

Cameron Lambert

Jul 1, 2014, 11:34:03 PM7/1/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Hey people,

I'm just trying to get started learning development for Apple products. I don't have a real big background- I'm a computer science minor and have taken 142, 124, 235, and 236. I was trying to start learning on the campus computers in the HBLL 4th floor but when I try to build in Xcode it says I need an admin password. Are there any campus resources where I can use Xcode?

Thanks for your help.

Porter Hoskins

Jul 3, 2014, 12:44:25 PM7/3/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com, byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
I have tried all the campus computers and none of them will let you do iOS dev...

Porter

Porter Hoskins

Jul 3, 2014, 12:47:00 PM7/3/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
The cheapest solution I could figure out is going and renting a Mac from the OIT computer rental program. It was $30 a month.

Porter

Kyle Clegg

Jul 3, 2014, 12:51:50 PM7/3/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
You might also try contacting Dr. Liddle (lid...@byu.edu) in the IS program. He teaches a mobile development class (usually iOS, sometimes Android) and I'm pretty sure he had a way for students w/o a Mac to access one for HW and the semester project.

Cameron Lambert

Sep 19, 2014, 3:06:32 PM9/19/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate the help. I have actually been able to use the 4th floor media center. I just needed the kids working in there to put in their admin password whenever I ran Xcode. If word gets out they might get super annoyed and not let people use them because they're for multimedia work though.