learning swift

stephen j

Feb 16, 2015, 11:28:39 AM2/16/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
I am curious whether there are groups dedicated to getting up to speed on Swift.

I am learning it on my own but I find people do better in groups.

My own interest is more hobby-level, as professionally I'm happily ensconced.

I'm thinking semi-weekly.

Please respond with

- whether something like this already exists
- whether you're interested in joining in
- any other opinion; need I ask :-)

Scott Barlow

Feb 16, 2015, 12:55:48 PM2/16/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
The Tuesday Utah Valley Cocoahead meetings have been filled with a bunch of Swift talk with Q&A. Nick has a class on Swift on Udemy, so asking him questions has been helpful when we get together. I've enjoyed taking his class:

Udemy Class Sign-up: http://www.madeupbypeople.com/

Stackoverflow and http://www.raywenderlich.com/tutorials have also been helpful. If you sign up for Ray's newsletter he sends you a PDF tutorial (although there are a ton out there).

Other than that, I'm interested as a hobby-level to get together (also full-time job). I'm a beginning programmer and in my spare time work through Swift app tutorials but have no other formal training than a few CS C++ classes in college.

Scott

Mark Suman

Feb 16, 2015, 2:11:18 PM2/16/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Also, there is a Slack account for iOS/Mac developers in Utah. We have conversations about many different things, but Swift is a daily topic. If you’re interested in joining, let me know and I can send you an invite.

That goes for anyone else on this account. You’re all welcome to join. I just need an email address from you.

Mark

Scott Barlow

Feb 16, 2015, 2:13:10 PM2/16/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Mark: scott....@gmail.com

Thanks!

Johnny Slagle

Feb 16, 2015, 2:13:27 PM2/16/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com

— Johnny

LJ Kyser

Feb 16, 2015, 2:21:12 PM2/16/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
_____________________________
Feb 16, 2015, 2:24:17 PM2/16/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com

Michael Zaro
Partner, Verisage

CEO, Dojo Dev Camp

Twitter LinkedIn

Quintin Smith

Feb 16, 2015, 3:13:33 PM2/16/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
I'd be grateful for an invite to the slack channel.  Thank you. Email is quinti...@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone

Wagner Pinto

Feb 16, 2015, 7:09:58 PM2/16/15
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Mark
I'd like to join the slack iOS conversations
User: @wagppinto

Thank you

Wagner Pinto
@wagppinto