DevMountain iOS for Developers

Ryan Allred

May 2, 2014, 3:58:06 PM5/2/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, please excuse the spam for a moment. We know that many of you are already awesome iOS developers, but if you're just starting out or if you want to learn more, then read on. If you're not interested in learning iOS development for any reason, stop reading now :)

You might know that DevMountain is now offering an iOS bootcamp, both in Provo as well as Ogden. We're finding that developers with a decent amount of experience are a really good fit for the program, because we move very fast and cover a lot of material. This ain't your grandma's online code school training wheels type of deal. If you're serious about learning iOS development for your own personal side projects or for your employment, we really think this is a good place to do it. The class is held nights and weekends, so you don't have to quit your job. It's intense but totally doable.

By the end of 12 weeks, you'll have an app submitted to the app store. Top iOS developers in Utah will instruct and mentor the class. It'll be a "flipped classroom" format, with fewer lectures and more hands on work.

We really want some great students in the class, so if you're a member of BYU CocoaHeads we can knock $1,000 off the price. And if you're interested, you might want to apply soon, the class starts May 20 and with the pre-course work you'll want some extra time to get started. http://devmounta.in/apply

And if you have any questions about curriculum or more details, feel free to email me at ry...@devmounta.in

Ontario Britton

May 3, 2014, 1:50:12 PM5/3/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
How many hours of class work do you get for the cost of tuition?

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Ryan Allred <ryanle...@gmail.com> wrote:
rts May 20 and with the pre-course work you'll want some extra time

Ryan Allred

May 15, 2014, 5:53:28 PM5/15/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tari,

DevMountain is after-hours so we have class from 6pm - 9pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and from 9am to 2pm on Saturdays. The students are in-class for 15 hours/week for 12 weeks. We also ask that students put in 5-15 hours outside of class working on their projects. Obviously there will be a big difference in a student who puts in 5 hours outside of class each week as compared to those who put in 15 hours outside of class.

Each student is assigned a mentor who they can reach out to at any time outside of class in case they get stuck and need to ask a question, or for a code-review after they've finished a project.

The tuition for our web development class is $3,900 and the iOS class is $4,500

- Ryan

Ontario Britton

May 15, 2014, 7:23:06 PM5/15/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan-

  That's a great price for that many hours of instruction.