Fabric.io

Kyle Clegg

Nov 11, 2014, 10:25:49 PM11/11/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Would anyone be interested in learning about Fabric? I've started using Digits in an app and it's pretty cool. I think having users sign in with a phone number rather than an email/password can be a solid way to go for many apps, or at the least an alternative form of signup similar to social logins.

If there's some interest I could prepare a presentation and discussion points for an upcoming meeting.

Scott Barlow

Nov 12, 2014, 12:10:18 AM11/12/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
I'd love that!

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014, Kyle Clegg <kyle....@gmail.com> wrote:
Would anyone be interested in learning about Fabric? I've started using Digits in an app and it's pretty cool. I think having users sign in with a phone number rather than an email/password can be a solid way to go for many apps, or at the least an alternative form of signup similar to social logins.

If there's some interest I could prepare a presentation and discussion points for an upcoming meeting.

Annica Burns

Nov 12, 2014, 8:57:10 AM11/12/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
+1

Annica Burns

Mark Suman

Nov 12, 2014, 10:07:45 AM11/12/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
I’d be interested in learning more, because up until now Fabric has seemed like an odd box of tools.

Ryan Pendleton

Nov 12, 2014, 11:16:27 AM11/12/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Just curious, but what happens when a user changes their phone number and doesn't have access to their old one?

Kyle Clegg

Nov 12, 2014, 2:09:02 PM11/12/14
to m...@ryanp.me, byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Currently they'd be stuck, but in the future Twitter plans to use digits.com as hub where users can manage their digits account, including setting a recovery phone/email.

Brent Arnold

Nov 12, 2014, 3:31:07 PM11/12/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone seen an app in the App Store that actually uses phone number login?  We've seen apps rejected in the past because we used "unapproved" methods for logging in.

For example we wanted to use an export code that gets created by the user, once they import content via a webpage on their desktop computer.  The accounts are temporary, so no actual login is created, but Apple wouldn't let us just ask for the export code to get content into the native app.

Anyway, just wondering if this is mainstream yet. It'd be great if it is, but Apple tends to be sticklers over things like this.

Brent

Layne Moseley

Nov 12, 2014, 4:08:21 PM11/12/14
to byu-coc...@googlegroups.com, byu-coc...@googlegroups.com
Spit - Predictive Sports Game by i.TV LLC

Kyle and I built this app. We did phone number login 100% from scratch.

Layne Moseley
CTO
i.TV