Tailing Bunyan Logs

Franky Diaz-Trepat

Apr 24, 2016, 11:10:10 AM4/24/16
to bunyan-logging
Hi guys I'm fairly new to bunyan, we use it a lot but I think not in the best way.

I have one terminal tab running a restify server that runs mocha test, only the mocha output is available unless I switch a flag that outputs the logging generated with bunyan.

Looking at the readme page I saw the CLI and I was wondering if you can tail a log.

I would like to have one terminal tab running tests, and the other tailing the bunyan logs.

Alternatively, if tailing isn't available, can I color and format bunyan logs while tailing/following them in some other way?

Cheers

Edward Zwart

Nov 23, 2016, 3:14:14 PM11/23/16
to bunyan-logging
This is an old thread, but just in case... You can tail the log file and pipe the output through bunyan:

tail -f /path/to/log/file | bunyan

Franky Diaz-Trepat

Nov 23, 2016, 3:35:52 PM11/23/16
to Edward Zwart, bunyan-logging