bunyan CLI fails to format output seemingly randomly

Sharath Gururaj

Sep 10, 2013, 9:09:01 PM9/10/13
to bunyan-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Sometime, the bunyan CLI seemingly just fails to format output, and the output appears as ugly json on the terminal.
I've been trying to replicate this consistently but not succeeded so far.
I suspect this might be the case when bunyan is not the only application that writes to standard out.
In particular, this seems to be happening with jasmine tests, where the output is sprinkled with
'F' and '.' to indicate failing and passing tests.

Any pointers would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!

Trent Mick

Nov 26, 2013, 2:54:21 AM11/26/13
to bunyan-...@googlegroups.com
If 'F' and '.' are being sprinkled into lines of bunyan logging output (i.e. two processes writing to stdout at the same time) then those will very likely break the lines being valid JSON. `bunyan` will just skip processing of a line that isn't JSON.

Trent