Installing btkToolkit on Windows 10

Dhruv Gupta

Aug 31, 2016, 7:34:52 AM8/31/16
to BTK Users
Hello fellow btk users,

I am having a hard time installing btk on my windows 10 laptop. Can someone help me, I think the latest version is not compatible with windows 10?

Thank You, I appreciate your help!
Dhruv Gupta

Edmund Cramp

Sep 13, 2016, 4:24:46 PM9/13/16
to BTK Users
You will probably need to be the Administrator to install it - log in as the Administrator, create a directory as C:\Program Files\Mokka and copy the files into it.  Regular users can then run the Mokka.exe program. - I'm not having any problems running it on Windows 10 - 64-bit.

Dhruv Gupta

Sep 13, 2016, 4:52:34 PM9/13/16
to BTK Users
Thank you for your reply but Mokka is working for me perfectly. I need to install btk toolkit on a Windows 10 64-bit PC

Edmund Cramp

Sep 17, 2016, 6:13:27 AM9/17/16
to BTK Users
I'm not a BTK users so all I can do is offer general suggestions - for the most part, while Windows 10 is a little different from prior versions, I'm not seeing any big compatibility issues.  If it works under Windows 7 then it should work under Windows 10.  I suggest that you look through the instructions in the readme.html file supplied in the root directory of the BTK source and follow those instructions.  The instructions appear to want to pull sample C3D files for ftp.c3d.org which is not resolving - you can download the sample files directly from https://www.c3d.org/sampledata.html

Dhruv Gupta

Sep 20, 2016, 12:45:13 AM9/20/16
to BTK Users
I have tried everything. Is btk not configured for Windows 10? I was using CMake, it went through the first pass of configuration, after that it only gave me errors. like "matlab was not found!" for wrapping. Even without choosing any wrapping, it kept giving me errors. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Dhruv Gupta

Arnaud Barré

Sep 20, 2016, 9:34:11 PM9/20/16
to btk-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dhruv,

Did you try to install the binary version of BTK for Matlab 64-bit [1]. This version would work for any version of Window equal or greater than Windows 7.

Arnaud

[1] https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/b-tk/btk-0.3.0_Win7_MatlabR2009b_64bit.zip

Arnaud Barré

Sep 21, 2016, 8:26:03 AM9/21/16
to btk-...@googlegroups.com
To give you more details for the installation:

1. Unzip the file btk-0.3.0_Win7_MatlabR2009b_64bit.zip
2. Copy the folder ‘btk’ where you want
3. Open Matlab
4. Use the ‘Set Path’ button
5. Add the location of the folder ‘btk’ only (not its subfolders)
6. type ‘help btk’ in Matlab

With these steps you will be able to read the documentation associated with the toolbox ‘btk’.