Alter starting position of btkGetMarkers

bryce....@griffithuni.edu.au

Aug 7, 2015, 3:34:37 AM8/7/15
to BTK Users
Hello Users,

I have a  question regarding the function btkGetMarkers. I am using this function within the pre-designed MOtoNMS code (https://simtk.org/home/motonms/) . The function returns the marker trajectories and labels for a specific c3d files ( in this case im using it for a static calibration trial). My issues is that a specific marker is missing within the first couple of frames however it does appear roughly 5 frames in. When inspecting the labels, the marker which is missing within the first few frames is not listed and therefore the ordering of marker trajectories within the Markers structure is unclear. I have followed the codes and functions down to the btkGetMarkers function which is used to define the labels and marker trajectories however it is written in C+ and is in Matlab Mex format and I am unable to edit it or event inspect how it works.

My actual question is whether or not there is a way in which I can set the btkGetMarkers function to start, for example 10 frames from the beginning when all markers are present ? Alternatively if there is another way in which I can assure that all the markers are present.

Thank you for any information or comments you can provide,

Kind Regards

Bryce Killen

Arnaud Barré

Aug 13, 2015, 6:26:04 PM8/13/15
to btk-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bryce,

It is possible to extract the residuals associated with each frame for each marker with the function btkGetMarkers [1]. If a marker is missing (i.e. occluded) the residuals is negative. You should use this information to know when a specific marker is missing or not.

[1] http://b-tk.googlecode.com/svn/doc/Matlab/0.3/classbtk_get_markers.html