Live Acquisition of FP Data

Milosz Krala

Jul 20, 2015, 7:17:38 AM7/20/15
to btk-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Arnaud,

I'm working on a setup where I want to synchroneously present visual stimuli to subjects while obtaining sway data with an AMTI Accusway Force Plate. The visual stimulus timing is controlled by a MATLAB toolbox (Psychtoolbox), and I'm interested to also control the FP via MATLAB. I have already realized to control onset and offset of data acquisition via a MATLAB script, but am struggling to handle the incoming data stream. I was wondering whether btk has functionality implemented that allows for live data acquisition or is limited to file processing.

Best,

Milosz

Elbe Miranda

Jul 20, 2015, 7:22:34 AM7/20/15
to btk-...@googlegroups.com
Milosz,

Are you using the Vicon System?
If yes, there is a tool named Vicon Data Stream SDK that help you stream data from Nexus to matlab and manipulate them.
I hope this help you.
Best,

Elbe Miranda

Amine Helou

Jul 20, 2015, 7:59:52 AM7/20/15
to btk-...@googlegroups.com
Milosz,

If your AMTI Forceplate is connected to your computer using a DAQ card (i.e. NI or Texas Instruments) than you should be able to stream the data (6 analog channels I assume) in MATLAB directly using the Data Acquisition Toolbox.

If you're having trouble using that drop me a personal message and I'll help you troubleshoot that.

Sent from my iPhone

Amine