Unable to import btk - Fatal Python error

gerome_v

Nov 4, 2015, 6:57:33 AM11/4/15
to BTK Users
Hello! I am a new user here. I am having trouble importing btk. This error happens after importing btk.

>>> import btk

Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Abort trap: 6

I am running python 2.7.10 on a macbook pro, OS X El Capitan (v 10.11.1)

I tried to uninstall the package using pip and then install it again using easy_install dir_of_the_dot_egg_package. But still this same issue happens. I was able to use btk a few months ago but now this error happens. Thank you very much in advance!

Gerome

Arnaud Barré

Nov 5, 2015, 10:04:10 PM11/5/15
to btk-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerome,

This problem might be related to an incompatibility between the Python library used to compile BTK and the Python library embedded within OS X El Capitan. Until a new binary is furnished by me or someone in the community, your best option would be to compile yourself the source code for OS X El Capitan.

Sorry for this issue,

Arnaud