Development of the biomechanical models in progress

Arnaud Barré

Jul 4, 2015, 4:11:09 AM7/4/15
to btk-...@googlegroups.com
Dear users,

My first goal in this new development is to provide in C++ all the tools necessary to generate a Clinical Gait Analysis report: This means:
- Creation of a model based on some markers-sets (Plugin Gait, Helen Hayes, ISB)
- Calibration of the model using a static trial
- Reconstruction of model motions using a dynamic trial
- Computation of the joint kinematics
- Computation of the joint kinetics
- Detection of gait event parameters
- Writing of the results in a C3D file.

I expect to do that before the end of this year. You could find this long, but the difficulty here is to document all the models correctly (markers location, segmental frame definition, segmental frame reconstruction, joint axes, etc.). This will take more time than the coding part as lots of code is already implemented (and verified against original models' outputs) with the current API (BTK-0.3). I have "only" to port this code to the API in development (BTK-1.0)

Do not hesitate if you have questions, I will be able to answer you next Monday.

Arnaud