creating metadata containing force plate information

Bertrand Bru

Jan 9, 2015, 12:00:47 PM1/9/15
to btk-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

If I understand well, the information of the forceplate(s) are saved in the MetaData section. Am I correct to think that?
The following code can be used for creating a metadata containing two children.

# a new metadata object with two children
new_md
= btk.btkMetaData('NEW')
child1
= btk.btkMetaData('child1', 0)
child2
= btk.btkMetaData('child2', -0.0833)
new_md
.AppendChild(child1)
new_md
.AppendChild(child2)
acq
.GetMetaData().AppendChild(new_md)

Let's imagine that I want to create a metatdata containing the information of one forceplate and save it in a c3d file.
According to the code above, the new code would be:

fp = btk.btkMetaData('FORCE_PLATFORM')

After looking data of a c3d file (conatining analog data and forceplate metadata), forceplate metadata contains 6 children: "USED", "TYPE", "ORIGIN", "CORNERS", "CAL_MATRIX" and "CHANNEL".

Do I need to create 6 different children of "FORCE_PLATFORM" and set the different information of every child or can I use a btk.btkForcePlatform object to add all the required information?

I have to say that I am a little bit lost. Some helps would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Bertrand

Arnaud Barré

Jan 12, 2015, 9:38:11 PM1/12/15
to btk-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bertrand,

You are right. The management of the force platforms in BTK relies on the specifications of the group FORCE_PLATFORM described in the C3D file format [1]. The Matlab script btkAppendForcePlatformType2 [2] could help you to implement an equivalent in Python.

This is clearly not the best way to mange the force platforms or any other hardware. We are looking for a best way to do this.

Best regards,

Arnaud

[1] http://c3d.org/HTML/theforceplatformgroup.htm
[2] https://code.google.com/p/b-tk/source/browse/Documentation/Wrapping/Matlab/btk/btkAppendForcePlatformType2.m?repo=core#250