Troop Fundraiser - Applebee’s & Scout Sunday (update)

1 view

Karen Bianchi

Feb 15, 2018, 4:13:33 PM2/15/18
to bsatr...@googlegroups.com

Hi.  At last night’s troop meeting, the boys were given tickets to Applebee’s Pancake breakfast to sell or purchase.  We gave most boys 10 tickets.  If your son did not get tickets and you wish to sell/purchase some, please have him see me at next week’s meeting.  If you need more tickets, please let us know.  They need to return any UNSOLD tickets so we can sell them at the door or pre-sale.  In order to be successful, we need full troop participation.  We will need a FEW older boys to volunteer to serve food as well.  Younger scouts can help with seating and greeting.  I will have sign-up sheets starting next week.  Everyone planning on eating needs to purchase a ticket.  Again, we are hoping this is a successful fundraiser for our troop.  Thanks so much for your support and please reach out with questions.  This is an “all you can eat” pancake and sausage breakfast too!  😊  Payments are due back by February 28th to get a count to let the restaurant know.  We can continue to sell after that, but I need a “good count” for that date.

Scout Sunday – Sunday, February 18th at Moscow United Methodist Church – please arrive between 10:30 – 10:40 to the main lobby on Spring Garden Street.  I met with Pastor Jean yesterday and she is so very excited to have the scouts join the service.  We are hoping for good attendance as the scouts will participate in various parts of the service and one or two scouts will be asked to speak about what it means to “Do their Duty To God” and practicing “reverence” as part of the Scout Law.  Pastor Jean would like two scouts to speak briefly about scouting as well – in terms of what you learn and do and how much fun it is.  We can assign this on Sunday prior to Mass.

Lunch/desserts will be served afterwards in the church hall.  I will pick up some cookies to share with everyone.  Others are welcome to bring a dessert to share also.

Thank You,

Karen Bianchi

570-466-9084 (c)