Hopeless at git

Dan Stromberg

Feb 13, 2018, 3:02:22 PM2/13/18
to bry...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 11:34 AM, André <andre....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 15:16:57 UTC-4, Pierre Quentel wrote:
>> Since I'm hopeless at git, I just made a fresh clone of the repository,
>> switched to the "rewrite_classes" branch and started the server, all the
>> tests pass and the console loads without errors. The most likely is that *I*
>> am doing something wrong, but I don't know what.
>
> I think that *I* am hopeless at git...

I'm not exactly strong at git either. I feel pretty cozy with
subversion and CVS though, and I've heard that Mercurial is similarly
intuitive.

I once heard a company CTO joke: "Q: How many engineers does it take
to solve a git problem? A: All of them."

Is there a lot of people on the list who find git a bit unnecessarily
unintiutive?

Jonathan Verner

Feb 14, 2018, 3:27:28 AM2/14/18
to brython
Well, I find git quite nice. At least for the basic use-cases... :-)

Kiko

Feb 14, 2018, 4:43:39 AM2/14/18
to bry...@googlegroups.com
Well, I find git quite nice. At least for the basic use-cases... :-)

I have a very basic workflow.

git add ###
git commit -m "####"
git push
git branch
git checkout

Anything else: duckduckgo+stackoverflow

So, in this sense, for me is not very hard but I'm not doing complex stuff.