brython for python 2.7

eric cuver

Jul 7, 2015, 6:15:18 PM7/7/15
to bry...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody

there is exist Brython for python 2.7 ?

thanks

Kiko

Jul 8, 2015, 2:07:00 AM7/8/15
to bry...@googlegroups.com
No.

Brython is a Python3 only implementation and it is logical to be that way. CPython 2.7 is not evolving anymore and it would be a dead language in some years.

Do you need something 2.7 specific?
Can we help you with an issue?

eric cuver

Jul 8, 2015, 3:48:42 AM7/8/15
to bry...@googlegroups.com
not because I use a framework application web (web2py) that runs on Python 2.7

Kiko

Jul 8, 2015, 6:04:47 AM7/8/15
to bry...@googlegroups.com
not because I use a framework application web (web2py) that runs on Python 2.7

But Brython runs on the browser so there isn't any conflict between the backend (in your case, web2py with CPython207) and the frontend (Brython 3).

So I think you are able to use both without issues.

eric cuver

Jul 8, 2015, 6:52:27 AM7/8/15
to bry...@googlegroups.com
cool it's great news !!!! if that can free me from jquery and all its javascript shit I'd be a happy man

i will test tonight

Billy Earney

Jul 8, 2015, 8:08:51 AM7/8/15
to bry...@googlegroups.com

Sorry,  brython is compatible with python 3.0 and above.

Try converting your 2.7 scripts to 3.x