Compiling Brython?

Brandon Keith Biggs

Nov 20, 2015, 12:28:01 PM11/20/15
to bry...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am wondering if there is any way to compile Brython to get a smaller JS file? I know there are other projects that do this, but I already use Brython and if I could do this, it would allow me to have a testing environment and a compiled environment.
This way I could really see how large my JS file is!
Thanks,

Kiko

Nov 21, 2015, 6:03:27 AM11/21/15
to bry...@googlegroups.com
The converted js files are bigger than the python original files and with the converted file you still need brython.js and the other dependencies you use (your imported libs from the stdlib or other libs).

You can have a look about the final code you will get in case you precompile your files here:
http://brython.info/tests/precompile.html