Read a file by drop-down

dgront

Jun 25, 2017, 6:08:41 AM6/25/17
to brython
Dear Group!

I started developing a front end for a web application in Brython. I thing doing this in Python is so cool! Way much better than in JS. Nevertheless, before I fully engage, I would like to check if all I need is achievable with Brython. What I'm looking for now is ability to read a file dropped by a user, like this:
https://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/dndfiles/

Best regards,
Dominik

Pierre Quentel

Jun 25, 2017, 2:57:52 PM6/25/17
to brython
Hi Dominik,

Sure, this works, you can take a look at the online demo.

Good luck for your project and don't hesitate to ask if you need help.

dgront .

Jun 25, 2017, 6:41:25 PM6/25/17
to bry...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Thanks, this worked! I even managed to read the file as text in a way similar to:
https://github.com/brython-dev/brython/blob/master/www/gallery/file.html

Best,
Dominik