Security issue report on brython.info

Pierre Quentel

Apr 9, 2018, 4:17:38 PM4/9/18
to brython
The site safeweb.norton.com reports a security issue on brython.info. I don't have an idea of what is wrong and since when this has happended.

I have made a request to another site, scanmyserver.com, I should get a report within 24 hours.

André

Apr 9, 2018, 7:09:57 PM4/9/18
to brython
The threat appears to be related to console.py ....perhaps because some code is executable?

Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Threat Name: 23387

Threat Name: Direct Link To 23387

= =
However, there is no info about what specifically the problem is...

Jonathan Verner

Apr 10, 2018, 2:42:52 AM4/10/18
to brython
I suspect they report a security issue just because of the "suspicious" name console.py. Given the recent developments around Symantec's certificate authority, I wouldn't trust them very much to be competent...

Pierre Quentel

Apr 10, 2018, 3:40:35 PM4/10/18
to brython

I have created an account on the Norton site, and sent them a message explaining why console.html and console.py can't be considered malicious. I hope they will fix this shortly...

Pierre Quentel

Apr 11, 2018, 3:49:22 AM4/11/18
to brython

I have created an account on the Norton site, and sent them a message explaining why console.html and console.py can't be considered malicious. I hope they will fix this shortly...

The problem is solved, brython.info is now considered safe again.