Pygame in Brython

rth...@codecraftworks.com

Dec 1, 2017, 10:36:41 AM12/1/17
to brython
Hello is it possible to run pygame using Brython?

Joao S. O. Bueno

Dec 1, 2017, 11:04:29 AM12/1/17
to bry...@googlegroups.com
On 1 December 2017 at 13:36, <rth...@codecraftworks.com> wrote:
> Hello is it possible to run pygame using Brython?

No.

Pygame uses SDL which is tied to the OS.

However, it should be possilbe to write a compatible project
re-implementing much
of pygame, and even re-using the code for modules like pygame.sprite.

Without anything ready, though, the solution is to use html Canvas
directly from Brython-

I have an example Space Invaders implmentation here (although I had
not tested it with
recent versions of Brython)

It is here:

https://github.com/jsbueno/browser_invaders