Thankful for Brython

André

Sep 13, 2016, 3:37:58 PM9/13/16
to brython
Hello everyone,

Many people on this group are likely familiar with my site (Reeborg's World, http://reeborg.ca) designed for people that want to learn/teach programming using either Python or Javascript.  By far, the most popular choice is Python (I never see any reference to anyone using Javascript) and this would not be possible without Brython.

Currently, I have teachers from France, Japan, South Korea, the United States, Germany ... and possibly other countries, which are using the site to teach programming using Python.

And, a new book on robots has just been published in French [1]with about one-third of its content on Reeborg as a virtual robot.

Without Brython, my site would only allow to learn programming using Javascript ... and most likely none of that would have happened.

Merci énormément Pierre pour ce projet fantastique, et pour tes réponses rapides à mes questions.

André Roberge

Kiko

Sep 13, 2016, 3:52:58 PM9/13/16
to bry...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!!!!

That's amazing!

Christophe Bal

Sep 13, 2016, 3:53:41 PM9/13/16
to bry...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to both projects !

Christophe BAL
Enseignant de mathématiques en Lycée et développeur Python amateur
---
French teacher of math in a high school and amateur Python developer

Pierre Quentel

Sep 15, 2016, 1:35:51 AM9/15/16
to brython

Thanks for the kind message André, and congratulations for the success of Reeborg's World !

And thank you also for having bet on Brython at a time when it was still in its infancy. For all its shortcomings, the project wouldn't be where it is now without the patience of developers like you who report bugs, suggest improvements and promote it around them.

All the best,
Pierre