Accidentally got rate limited into a permaban

Bert Peters

Aug 7, 2017, 3:03:13 PM8/7/17
to browscap
Hi all,

Due to some weird error in our set-up, our local browscap cache got corrupted and got stuck in some weird update loop, causing us to hit the limits quite quickly, and regrettably hitting your service about once a second.

I think I fixed the issue now (that is, I'm using the default cache rather than our own homebrew one) and I made sure that only one of these updates ever runs at the same time. With this, I don't expect to hit this issue again.

With that in mind, would you consider unbanning my IP address 52.31.211.235?

Kind regards,

Bert Peters

James Titcumb

Aug 8, 2017, 12:57:53 PM8/8/17
to browscap on behalf of Bert Peters
Hi Bert,

I have unbanned your IP - sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

Thanks
James