Accidental Rate Limit resulting in permanent ban

Justin Finkelstein

Nov 8, 2016, 11:56:34 AM11/8/16
to browscap
Hi all

I've recently had a snafu with one of my client's sites (which has some fairly heavy traffic) and, due to a crash in an improperly configured Browscap update (via the Composer module Crossjoin/Browscap) that client's server has hit your permanent ban.

I believe I've corrected the software configuration error at our side, so don't expect a repeat of this, but would it be possible to have the following IP un-banned please?

External IP: 94.236.12.59

Seeing similar posts on here, to clarify, this is the external IP returned by your endpoint.

I appreciate this isn't great, or going to make me popular, but I do apologise for hammering your service - that wasn't our will or intent and we've put pieces into place to ensure we don't have a repeat of this.

Thanks,

Justin

James Titcumb

Nov 8, 2016, 1:02:22 PM11/8/16
to browscap on behalf of Justin Finkelstein
Hi Justin,

No problem - thanks for correcting the issue, I've unbanned the IP now!

Thanks
James