Version checking

Bud Schneehagen

Jun 1, 2014, 11:12:05 AM6/1/14
to brow...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for providing a great service. I am using the ColdFusion component Browscap.cfc and it returns version 5.1 when the version from http://browscap.org/version-number returns 5029. I'm not sure if that's a function of the ini file or the component. It would be nice if I could get 5029 from the component so I know if a newer minor version has been released.

Also, I noticed there are some posts about bug fixes after you release minor versions. Is their perchance a method of detecting the latest STABLE version?

Thank you again.

Bud

James Titcumb

Jun 1, 2014, 3:35:24 PM6/1/14
to browscap

Hi Bud,

We do not officially support the ColdFusion version. However, I can tell you the latest "stable" build is 5029. I am not sure how the version is parsed.

Currently we do not use semantic versioning, although we do plan to use this in the future, so there is no current distinction between minor / major releases etc.

Hope this helps

Thanks
James