Permanently banned

Al Nikolov

Jan 22, 2015, 7:37:57 AM1/22/15
to brow...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I get "Forbidden" response constantly. Kindly remove the ban for 191.237.210.197.

Thanks in advance!

James Titcumb

Jan 22, 2015, 10:33:08 AM1/22/15
to browscap on behalf of Al Nikolov
Hi there,

I have removed the ban. Please make sure in future you are requested according to the rules on http://browscap.org/ :)

Thanks
James

Al Nikolov

Jan 27, 2015, 3:33:34 PM1/27/15
to browscap on behalf of James Titcumb
Hi James,

browscap on behalf of James Titcumb писал 2015-01-22 17:32:

> I have removed the ban. Please make sure in future you are requested
> according to the rules on http://browscap.org/ [3] :)

Thanks, first of all. Believe me, I wouldn't violate these rules, but
there is actually an issue:

First, I've left my client configured by default to check b.o every 3
days. It has been *always* denied with "Too Many Requests" (and BTW now
after you removed the ban, it's getting the same denial).

Then I've gradually increased the checking rate up to 1 per hour.
Quickly, it's got banned.

Which is funny, because I don't think it's got any files even once. As
far as I can see, my current version is exactly the same as at the
installation time: 5031, obviously outdated. Naturally, I don't believe
I've violated any *listed* rules by fetching nothing but "Too Many
Requests" denials too frequently.

Any suggestions?

--
Best regards,
Al

James Titcumb

Jan 28, 2015, 3:44:11 AM1/28/15
to brow...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I can see you received another "temporary" ban on 25th Jan, because the IP 191.237.210.197 requested php_browscap.ini 10 times in about 2 minutes, which exceeds our fair usage policy, and this is why you received a temporary ban. You can see our request log for your IP on 25th here: https://gist.github.com/asgrim/6229645837cc559800ce

Please ensure you only download the file once - the file gets updated maybe once a month.

Thanks
James

Al Nikolov

Jan 30, 2015, 2:53:00 PM1/30/15
to browscap on behalf of James Titcumb
Hi.

Apologies! Must be related to my debugging attempts (my client still
doesn't work).

Are they *requests* (including denied ones) or *successfully served
requests*?

--
Best regards,
Al

James Titcumb

Jan 31, 2015, 3:31:14 PM1/31/15
to browscap on behalf of Al Nikolov
We log just after verifying there have not been too many requests, but just before offering the file for download;

Thanks
James

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "browscap" group.

Al Nikolov

Feb 1, 2015, 10:09:34 AM2/1/15
to browscap on behalf of James Titcumb
Ok, I see, thank you.