Add new UA

Mikhail Galanin

Nov 29, 2017, 4:00:37 PM11/29/17
to browscap
Hey here,

I would like to add new UAs (actually, a lot of them) to the database. I read re contribution manual and have some questions:

1. I have to create tests/issues/* file first. Does it mean that I should raise an issue first?
2. Is there a tool to create such entry? All files look pretty much the same
3. What's the right way to run regression tests?

James Titcumb

Nov 29, 2017, 4:02:24 PM11/29/17
to browscap on behalf of Mikhail Galanin
Hi Mikhail - please could you create an issue on the GitHub issue tracker? There are more folks there who will be able to help with that :)

Thanks
James

Mikhail Galanin

Nov 29, 2017, 4:14:27 PM11/29/17
to browscap
Hi James,

You mean ask this question in the tracker? Or ask somebody to add the UAs?

If second, the problem is a bit deeper :)
First of all I was suggested to add UAs by myself: https://github.com/browscap/browscap/issues/1695
And more that that, I have several hundreds UAs which I would like to add...

среда, 29 ноября 2017 г., 21:02:24 UTC пользователь James Titcumb написал:
> Hi Mikhail - please could you create an issue on the GitHub issue tracker? There are more folks there who will be able to help with that :)
>
> Thanks
> James
>

> On 29 November 2017 at 21:00, Mikhail Galanin via browscap <browscap+APn2wQeAOfZCiDW3OtH3Mzm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hey here,
>

> I would like to add new UAs (actually, a lot of them) to the database. I read re contribution manual and have some questions:
>

> 1. I have to create tests/issues/* file first. Does it mean that I should raise an issue first?
>
> 2. Is there a tool to create such entry? All files look pretty much the same
>
> 3. What's the right way to run regression tests?

James Titcumb

Nov 29, 2017, 4:18:13 PM11/29/17
to browscap on behalf of Mikhail Galanin
Note: we don't add individual UAs; the database is a matching database, so platforms / devices / UAs etc. are all split out :)

Just ask the question on the issue tracker; the group is only watched by me mostly; there are at least 2 other people who regularly add definitions to the DB on GitHub so we'll be able to help you better there :) Provide as much information as you can :)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/browscap/cf0cbdc3-1c69-4dca-966d-777f26973cb2%40googlegroups.com.