503 Error

KJ Price

Nov 27, 2017, 12:40:16 PM11/27/17
to browscap
Hello!

I believe I have hit the rate limit when trying to fetch the latest browser version but I am not entirely sure.

When running `./browscap-php browscap:fetch`, on my local, I receive a snippet of html that includes:

[GuzzleHttp\Exception\ServerException]
Server error: `GET http://browscap.org/version-number` resulted in a `503 Service Temporarily Unavailable` ...

When I hit the same url mentioned "http://browscap.org/version-number", but this time in my browser, I receive no such 503 issue.

This is also happening on codeship for us. So, I'm getting the same error via three different IP addresses, which makes me think that there is something else going on besides the rate limit being hit.

Please advise. Thank you so much!

KJ

James Titcumb

Nov 27, 2017, 12:41:48 PM11/27/17
to browscap on behalf of KJ Price
At the moment, we have throttled due to excessive abuse on the servers; please see https://github.com/browscap/browscap-php/issues/228 for more information :)

Thanks
James

KJ

KJ Price

Nov 27, 2017, 1:09:11 PM11/27/17
to browscap
On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 11:41:48 AM UTC-6, James Titcumb wrote:
> At the moment, we have throttled due to excessive abuse on the servers; please see https://github.com/browscap/browscap-php/issues/228 for more information :)
>

> Thanks
> James
>

> On 27 November 2017 at 17:40, KJ Price via browscap <browscap+APn2wQf6LLD90-n0MAE2C8J...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I believe I have hit the rate limit when trying to fetch the latest browser version but I am not entirely sure.
>

> When running `./browscap-php browscap:fetch`, on my local, I receive a snippet of html that includes:
>

> [GuzzleHttp\Exception\ServerException]
>
>   Server error: `GET http://browscap.org/version-number` resulted in a `503 Service Temporarily Unavailable` ...
>

> When I hit the same url mentioned "http://browscap.org/version-number", but this time in my browser, I receive no such 503 issue.
>

> This is also happening on codeship for us. So, I'm getting the same error via three different IP addresses, which makes me think that there is something else going on besides the rate limit being hit.
>

> Please advise. Thank you so much!
>

> KJ
>

> --

Thank you James!