browscap with WP Statistics Plugin

Christian Messner

Jul 25, 2017, 7:21:16 AM7/25/17
to browscap
Hi there,

i was setting up this plugin called wp-statistics which comes with a browscap feature. I tried some settings, had to reinstall the plugin again, now i see a message on bottom of the plugin

(http://browscap.org/version): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in */web/wp-content/plugins/wp-statistics/vendor/browscap/browscap-php/src/phpbrowscap/Browscap.php on line 1340 Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to http://browscap.org/version (Unable to find the socket transport "http" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?) in */web/wp-content/plugins/wp-statistics/vendor/browscap/browscap-php/src/phpbrowscap/Browscap.php on line 1366

I have no idea what that means, hope you can give me a hint?

all the best

Christian

James Titcumb

Jul 25, 2017, 7:25:21 AM7/25/17
to browscap on behalf of Christian Messner
Firstly, please try using the latest version of the Browscap PHP library (3.1.0) as it looks like the version you're using is out of date, and secondly if the issue still persists after using the latest version, please report an issue on https://github.com/browscap/browscap-php

Thanks!
James

Christian