Browscap browser_name_regex

Robert Labrie

May 13, 2014, 1:30:01 PM5/13/14
to brow...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When I use the ua-lookup tool, it reports a field called browser_name_regex, but there are no regex strings I can find in the browscap.ini or .csv files. Is the regex version publicly available?

Thanks,
Rob

James Titcumb

May 13, 2014, 2:29:15 PM5/13/14
to browscap

Ho Rob,

The regexes are generated by the browscap-php tool (https://github.com/browscap/browscap-php) which is used by the website for the UA lookup tool. You can have a look at the script to see how it converts browscap's match strings into regex, iirc it's pretty basic.

HTH
James